Verizon Snap On Silicone Covers ! Beware !

springer01

Reaction score
I come here about every day to see if anyone has found any new accessories and I dont think I have seen this posted so I wanted to make sure people know. I have the Verizon Silicone Cover, this one --->Enter your location .....I have had the case since I bought the phone, but exchanged my phone for a new one about 3 weeks ago so the case has been on this phone three weeks. I took it off this afternoon and the trim around the screen on all 4 sides has pits and scratches in the paint from the case I mean the phone looks a year old. I am not happy and just wanted others to be aware of this. I dont see anything in between besides a little dirt, but I guess its enough to rub the paint off.
Pics Flickr: springer01's Photostream

PhatTimmy

Reaction score
I bought the faux leather snap on case, and I have scratches on the left side from it. Pretty annoying that the case that is supposed to protect the phone actually damages it.

OP
S

springer01

Reaction score
. Pretty annoying that the case that is supposed to protect the phone actually damages it.

Exactly what I was thinking.. I know it would have less scratches if I had left the cover OFF. That's just not right!!

MyFionaGirl

Reaction score
What a bummer! It looks like little bits of dirt got under the cover and, if it was loose enough, it rubbed the dirt around. I have the hard plastic snap on and I love it. I had to take the back piece off this weekend and it's still pristine (had it a month.) I also got a clear screen cover from VZW and it works really well. I wonder if there is any recourse from the manufacturer?

Thank you for sharing!

tktouch12

Reaction score
That's bad, since it's a verizon case they should do something for u
is that the same as the clear snap on? Is wat I have, but my phonE hasn't come yet

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Wow thats some crazy damage. I've had the case on since November 16th and just took it off to see if there was damage.

Good as new....

Thankfully it's still pristine.

MJ5150

Reaction score
I bought two of them for two droids and neither one would stay on....so back they go.

Hehe, same here.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up. I was going to give a third one a try. Now I won't. I'll just stick with my InvisibleShiled full body protection.

-Mike

MissEvoIXMR

Reaction score
Ohh great!! That's the one I have!! Now I'm scarred to take it off! I've had it on since the day I bought it ;( the tech put it on he had some trouble putting it on too I'll check it out tomorrow morning to inspect for any damage...

DroidCoug

Reaction score
I got the plain snap on cover seen here > Enter your location
with no damage at all on the phone since launch day. Only annoying part I don't like is you have to take of back cover to fit into the home dock.

Maximo

Reaction score
This is the same type of damage I found when I removed the Seidio case from my old HTC Touch Pro ! No matter how clean you try and keep it, crap gets under the case and causes damage....

I come here about every day to see if anyone has found any new accessories and I dont think I have seen this posted so I wanted to make sure people know. I have the Verizon Silicone Cover, this one --->Enter your location .....I have had the case since I bought the phone, but exchanged my phone for a new one about 3 weeks ago so the case has been on this phone three weeks. I took it off this afternoon and the trim around the screen on all 4 sides has pits and scratches in the paint from the case I mean the phone looks a year old. I am not happy and just wanted others to be aware of this. I dont see anything in between besides a little dirt, but I guess its enough to rub the paint off.
Pics Flickr: springer01's Photostream

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Looking at the photos, it appears to me that the scratches are because of dirt and not the case specifically. Any case will cause this if any small hard particles get under the case. This could even happen with the fitted leather cases on the flip phones. Don't blame the case.

These scratches will be much more evident on a phone that is painted metal than one that is plastic with the color being in the plastic. The plastic phone will still scratch, but the color will be the same. You won't notice it.

ENFD160

Reaction score
I bought the silicone snap on case and the Verizon Tech installed it on Saturday. That evening I discovered that there was no way the Droid would now fit into the Charging Cradle with the silicone cover on it. So I had already made a decision to return the case. On Sunday when opening the slide keyboard, it seemed to get stuck with only 2 rows of the keyboard showing. After numerous attempts it finally opened fully where I found that the case on the upper screen portion had actually been caught on the DEL key and had damaged the key.

Went back to Verizon store today explained what happened and kudos to Verizon, they replaced my 4 day old Droid (and took back the silicone case).

IMHO avoid the silicone snap on case!

OP
S

springer01

Reaction score
I dont think I will bother with trying to get my phone replaced. My Verizon store is a pita to deal with already went through hell and back to get my droid replaced once.

And yes I understand it is from dirt if you read my first post I stated I saw the dirt, but it just sucks that a case I bought to protect my phone caused it damage.

reaper keeper

Reaction score
JLG1985........you have contradicted yourself in your post, Please clarify yourself.
On one hand you have had no problems but then you say the case warped/ twisted your phone ………?????????????????????:icon_eek: