Verizon Sides With Samsung Against Apple's Lawsuits

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
right because the iPhone did so poorly when it was just on AT&T. Neither one of them need eachother to be successful but they are both more so with eachother.

True story. I knew several people who left VZW to get the iPhone. But as soon as it came to VZW they came crawling back. If people want it they will go wherever they have to.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
True story. I knew several people who left VZW to get the iPhone. But as soon as it came to VZW they came crawling back. If people want it they will go wherever they have to.
True, but i wouldn't leave VZW now because you cant just come back and have unlimited data... Why take that hit for a specific phone. i think a lot of people would have that reasoning. Not that im saying apple needs VZW, because thats just not true. Apple did and will keep doing fine with or without vzw. VZW just means a lot of money.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
they will, Verizon is just looking out for their financial well being here.

Pretty much. More curious is their support of the AT&T/TMo merger. I think in that case VZW doesn't fear the clout of a combined AT&T/TMo and sees the reduced competition as beneficial to their bottom-line.

With Apple, even if VZW sells 3 Android phones for every IPhone, it's still an awfully powerful OEM that could always be a threat to your business model (well, and obviously Apple could afford to buy VZW if they wanted). But I think VZW is going to have a much bigger problem with Google before long. Google getting into VoIP is a game changer, and people will eventually reduce their voice plans (if not eliminate them) and VZW will have no choice but to require a voice with data plan (obviously they already do) or raise their data prices. Probably the biggest argument for keeping grandfathered status, although there's nothing really to prevent VZW from raising prices or ending grandfather status. Fortunately I'm already on a minimum voice plan, but VZW may get me with VoLTE but we'll see how that goes. I don't need more than 450 minutes of voice, VoIP or otherwise.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why do Samsung products look so much like Apple products? I mean, I get why Apple is suing them, even if I am an Android fanboy.

UNC

Reaction score
Apple needs VZW. Vzw Doesn't need Apple.
Keep telling yourself that. Apple could buy Verizon tomorrow, straight cash homie.

Why do Samsung products look so much like Apple products? I mean, I get why Apple is suing them, even if I am an Android fanboy.
Because unlike what most people will admit here Apple set the standard (and continues to) against which all smartphones are measured.

I remember last December I told my friend "Verizon gets iPhone pretty soon", and he SWORE up-and-down that he had already seen the iPhone on Verizon. I joked about the iPhone-at-bar thing, then plainly asked him "are you sure it wasn't a Samsung?", he said "no it was an iPhone". Two days later: "Yeah it was a Samsung".

He was CERTAIN it was an iPhone! That alone should tell you something.
How do people hate on Apple, Oracle, Microsoft, Motorola, etc for protecting their patents when design elements are blatantly stolen like that!!!!

Last edited:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keep telling yourself that. Apple could buy Verizon tomorrow, straight cash homie.

Because unlike what most people will admit here Apple set the standard (and continues to) against which all smartphones are measured.

I remember last December I told my friend "Verizon gets iPhone pretty soon", and he SWORE up-and-down that he had already seen the iPhone on Verizon. I joked about the iPhone-at-bar thing, then plainly asked him "are you sure it wasn't a Samsung?", he said "no it was an iPhone". Two days later: "Yeah it was a Samsung".

He was CERTAIN it was an iPhone! That alone should tell you something.
How do people hate on Apple, Oracle, Microsoft, Motorola, etc for protecting their patents when design elements are blatantly stolen like that!!!!

For technology, yes. For a rectangle with beveled edges, not so much.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Verizon is worth over 100 Billion dollars. That would mean Apple would need more than that in the spare cash department. My 2 sec google search just now indicated that apple has more cash on hand than the U.S. government at 76Billion dollars. Which is a lot, but not enough to completely buyout Verizon. Good old Applesauce is worth just over 350Billion dollars. I guess it does have enough to own over 51% of the company, which is all that's really needed to control the majority.