Verizon Showing Off Droid 4 and XYBoard 4G LTE Tablets

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-4-preannounce.jpg

Although there are a ton of rumors floating around the interwebs lately regarding a potentially imminent release of the Motorola Droid 4, the reality is that we don't have any real clue if it will come out next week, (as rumors suggest), or next year. Still, regardless of the rumors, Verizon was keen to show off the device a recently to some CNET editors, along with their upcoming 4G LTE XYBoard Android tablets. The names and specs of those tablets are now confirmed and lineup with earlier reports:
1.2GHz dual-core processors, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, 5-megapixel rear cameras and 1.3-megapixel front-facing cameras for video chats. One will include a 10.1-inch display and the second will sport a slightly smaller 8.2-inch panel.
Also, the specs on the Droid 4 turn out to be exactly what was rumored recently: Droid RAZR styling, with a slide-out QWERTY Keyboard, 4-Inch qHD display, Android 2.3.5, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor and 4G LTE.

Xyboard-preannounce.jpg

With Verizon showing the device off so "brazenly", it is possible that the Droid 4 really will launch next week alongside the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Would this make a more difficult decision for some of you? Share your thoughts.

Source: BGR

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Droid 4 is a RAZR with a keyboard.. although i like it.. It would have been my next phone if it wasn't for the Galaxy around the corner.. (positive thinking)

chewy74

Reaction score
i feel like slapping them right out of their hands and yelling "Galaxy Nexus first!!!"

markwebb

Reaction score
I was going to wait for the Droid 4, but you know what? After having the OG Droid w/keyboard and now that I have the Bionic, which has a larger screen with Swype, I no longer miss that physical keyboard! I thought I would but I have no regrets ditching the physical keyboard. :biggrin:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I love the name vzw and the manufacturers are working on!

ReZound
XYBoard

I would totally get an XYBoard just for the name.

"OH I see you have an iPad 2. Cool cool.... Well I have an XYBoard! SUCK ON THAT!"

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Hey, I got the new 'Man Board' ".
"Man Board???"
"Oh, sorry, it's more official name is XY Board, my bad".
"OOOOh...'Man' from the XY Chromosome thingy".
"yeah"

:icon_ banana:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
"Hey, I got the new 'Man Board' ".
"Man Board???"
"Oh, sorry, it's more official name is XY Board, my bad".
"OOOOh...'Man' from the XY Chromosome thingy".
"yeah"

:icon_ banana:

That is so cool!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums