Verizon Share all plan:(

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Hey guys i wanted to start this thread to hear what everone thinks. Is this plan going to make people switch providers when contract time comes around and you lose your unlimited data like me? lately i have seroiusly researching other providers and want to know if anyone has done the same and if they have found something to draw them away or draw them into sticking with verizon because a way was found to keep prices lower life my current bill.....as i will say currently our family package bill is $211 a month and when the time comes to renew our monthly bill would be in the low $300 range...say about $320.....any ideas...thoughts?:mad::icon_ devil:ilovedf

debrad0307

Reaction score
I have the share everything plan. Couldn't be more happy. Saves me a lot if money. I got the 6 gb of data and I don't even make a dent in that.

Sent from my iced Bionic

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Haven't even thought about it. A lot can change in two years so I'll wait till that time gets a bit closer. In the meantime I'm enjoying my unlimited plan. :D
I'll probably stick with Verizon though since they've got the best coverage in my area and we just got 4g last month and it screams.

tap'n

CMDRSTP

Reaction score
I would make sure you will be happy will the signal strength of other providers before switching based on a lower price.

In my area, I have used Sprint and AT&T and was very disappointed with dropped calls and dead zones....so much that a lower bill wasn't worth it. For me, Verizon is more expensive but, it's the best signal making my cell more reliable.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Share everything is great for people that don't use a lot of data. If you use a lot of data, its terrible.

Nyobie

Reaction score
I just finished analyzing my plan. I have 1 Thunderbolt on Unlimited Data, 1 Incredible 4G on Unlimited Data with Hotspot (at an additional charge), 1 iPhone 3G (slower than a turtle but great phone otherwise) with a 2G data package, and 1 Home Connect which I thought I needed for work related evening phone conferences but turns out I can now use VOIP with a headset and my laptop. My monthly bill is in the $220 range as I also have a couple of ringback tones and visual voice mail added and I also get a Corporate Discount.

My analysis shows that the new plan would have Unlimited Talk & Text with Shared Data. Although my average data usage for my household is around 7GB with a peak of 9GB, it appears the 10GB Shared Data package would be just right for me. I wouldn't have to think much about the data usage as any overage would be at about $15 per GB beyond the monthly subscription. A VZ chat operator just confirmed for me that I would get the corporate discount on this plan as well so the monthly charge drops from the $100 for the 10GB data package to under that, then add taxes so I'm probably just over $100 a month for 4 phones. Since I have wifi at home, I could change my settings to use wifi when at home so my usage would most definitely drop. The big data driver for me (which isn't big compared to some) is using Netflix in the morning when I watch episodes of my favorite shows while getting ready in the morning. If I switch to wifi, that's where my usage would drop.

The only 2 questions remaining in my mind are:

(1) What might I owe the supplier to Newegg for the 2 Thunderbolt phones I purchased at $39 each when I came back to Verizon and started a new plan back in October 2011. I seem to recall that there was some fine print indicating that I would owe the balance of full retail price on these two phones if I were to do something to my contract before the 2 year agreement was completed. If my change from the two Unlimited Data plans does trigger this balance owed, I'd have to calculate how many months would have to go by with the added savings per month before I reach my break even point.

(2) Is the iPhone eligible to be included within the new Tiered Plans? The hotspot feature is supposedly included in the Tiered Plan which would mean I could use the iPhone without the 2GB cap I currently have on it. The phone is terribly slow compared to the other 2 Android phones, but I still want to know how my iPhone would be affected.

I'm hopeful someone who reads these questions will have answers and that my response to the OP's post is helpful to others who might be pondering similar changes.

I also wonder, if I give up the Unlimited Data Plan, will I ever have regrets? Comments are welcomed!

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I just finished analyzing my plan. I have 1 Thunderbolt on Unlimited Data, 1 Incredible 4G on Unlimited Data with Hotspot (at an additional charge), 1 iPhone 3G (slower than a turtle but great phone otherwise) with a 2G data package, and 1 Home Connect which I thought I needed for work related evening phone conferences but turns out I can now use VOIP with a headset and my laptop. My monthly bill is in the $220 range as I also have a couple of ringback tones and visual voice mail added and I also get a Corporate Discount.

My analysis shows that the new plan would have Unlimited Talk & Text with Shared Data. Although my average data usage for my household is around 7GB with a peak of 9GB, it appears the 10GB Shared Data package would be just right for me. I wouldn't have to think much about the data usage as any overage would be at about $15 per GB beyond the monthly subscription. A VZ chat operator just confirmed for me that I would get the corporate discount on this plan as well so the monthly charge drops from the $100 for the 10GB data package to under that, then add taxes so I'm probably just over $100 a month for 4 phones. Since I have wifi at home, I could change my settings to use wifi when at home so my usage would most definitely drop. The big data driver for me (which isn't big compared to some) is using Netflix in the morning when I watch episodes of my favorite shows while getting ready in the morning. If I switch to wifi, that's where my usage would drop.

The only 2 questions remaining in my mind are:

(1) What might I owe the supplier to Newegg for the 2 Thunderbolt phones I purchased at $39 each when I came back to Verizon and started a new plan back in October 2011. I seem to recall that there was some fine print indicating that I would owe the balance of full retail price on these two phones if I were to do something to my contract before the 2 year agreement was completed. If my change from the two Unlimited Data plans does trigger this balance owed, I'd have to calculate how many months would have to go by with the added savings per month before I reach my break even point.

(2) Is the iPhone eligible to be included within the new Tiered Plans? The hotspot feature is supposedly included in the Tiered Plan which would mean I could use the iPhone without the 2GB cap I currently have on it. The phone is terribly slow compared to the other 2 Android phones, but I still want to know how my iPhone would be affected.

I'm hopeful someone who reads these questions will have answers and that my response to the OP's post is helpful to others who might be pondering similar changes.

I also wonder, if I give up the Unlimited Data Plan, will I ever have regrets? Comments are welcomed!

Think I'm missing something on your pricing.... Did you include the charge for each phone as well as the package? Isn't it 35 or 45 for each smartphone in addition to the 100 dollars for data? I think you top out way over 200 unless you have a really great corporate discount (mine is only 15%).

Update: checked on the site and it came out to 40 dollars per smart phone (didn't look up the other types of phone prices).

Last edited:

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think I'm missing something on your pricing.... Did you include the charge for each phone as well as the package? Isn't it 35 or 45 for each smartphone in addition to the 100 dollars for data? I think you top out way over 200 unless you have a really great corporate discount (mine is only 15%).

Update: checked on the site and it came out to 40 dollars per smart phone (didn't look up the other types of phone prices).

Correct. Each smartphone would run him 40 dollars. Putting him at 220. And I'm not sure what the home connect would run him.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nyobie

Reaction score
Jeepers! You're right! I told the operator I thought it was too good to be true so I wanted to spend more time thinking about it which is why I came here to post. Thanks for highlighting the 'per phone' charge. That makes a big difference! I saw those numbers on the page but since the columns weren't in the sequence I think would make more sense, I glossed right over the numbers that were there in plain sight. Duh. I'm really thankful to you for highlighting this added charge per phone. I'd have to add $120 for the 3 smart phones and I think my Home Connect would double in cost from my current $9.99 monthly rate to I think I saw in the store these are now $20 per month. That's another $140 on top of the $100 minus discount and I'm almost where I am today but with restrictions so thank you very much Verizon, I think I'll keep my Unlimited Data Plans.

Thanks again Xfactorx316! You saved me from my oversight!! KUDOS!

nikecar

Reaction score
Each phone would be $40. so for 3 phones, that is $40 each and $120. Slap on the laptop, which is another $20 I believe for the USB Modem. So that is $140. Add the $100 a month for 10GB data, that is $240 a month, plus taxes, minus your corp discount.

To answer your other questions

1) Look at the fine print you got when you bought your phone. usually its like 6 months to a yr or else you have to pay. Your paperwork would be the best source, not us.

2) iPhone is a smartphone, so its $40 a month access charge. I included that pricing above.

The only iffy is that Hotspot. I don't know how it works, and if your laptop can directly connect to the phone via wifi, or if you need that USB modem. I added the monthly cost of the modem above. If you don't need it, then your bill is $220 a month minus discount and taxes.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Jeepers! You're right! I told the operator I thought it was too good to be true so I wanted to spend more time thinking about it which is why I came here to post. Thanks for highlighting the 'per phone' charge. That makes a big difference! I saw those numbers on the page but since the columns weren't in the sequence I think would make more sense, I glossed right over the numbers that were there in plain sight. Duh. I'm really thankful to you for highlighting this added charge per phone. I'd have to add $120 for the 3 smart phones and I think my Home Connect would double in cost from my current $9.99 monthly rate to I think I saw in the store these are now $20 per month. That's another $140 on top of the $100 minus discount and I'm almost where I am today but with restrictions so thank you very much Verizon, I think I'll keep my Unlimited Data Plans.

No problem, I wanted to make sure something had not changed from the last time I looked. I'd hate to see someone make a change and end up getting hosed!

Nyobie

Reaction score
Each phone would be $40. so for 3 phones, that is $40 each and $120. Slap on the laptop, which is another $20 I believe for the USB Modem. So that is $140. Add the $100 a month for 10GB data, that is $240 a month, plus taxes, minus your corp discount.

To answer your other questions

1) Look at the fine print you got when you bought your phone. usually its like 6 months to a yr or else you have to pay. Your paperwork would be the best source, not us.

2) iPhone is a smartphone, so its $40 a month access charge. I included that pricing above.

The only iffy is that Hotspot. I don't know how it works, and if your laptop can directly connect to the phone via wifi, or if you need that USB modem. I added the monthly cost of the modem above. If you don't need it, then your bill is $220 a month minus discount and taxes.

Thanks nikecar - those are the figures I gen'd up after I realized my silly error in logic. Of course VZ would want to tack on a charge per line. Why wouldn't they? Various phone models and capabilities are out there and the simple phones shouldn't carry the cost of the higher end, so this just makes sense. You're right about the paperwork being the best source. I read it already. I was just hoping someone here had an experience with Newegg and might have had a similar situation as me, pondering a change to the phone plan. I couldn't determine from the paperwork just how VZ would exchange data like this with the Newegg vendor but I guess since I won't be changing plans, it's a moot point. Thanks again for taking time to post your comments! Much appreciated!

Nyobie

Reaction score
No problem, I wanted to make sure something had not changed from the last time I looked. I'd hate to see someone make a change and end up getting hosed!

Thanks 'X', me too! I hope that what we've posted will help others avoid the potential pitall. I'm somewhat irked but not surprised that this particular VZ chat operator didn't point out this additional charge per line, but oh well. It matters not since I won't be changing my plan. It was a good exercise to evaluate anyway. I'm happy! Thanks again!! :biggrin:

Xander Crews

Reaction score

That's the problem I have with the tiered plans. You already bought the phone, but now you have to pay a pointless $40 per smart phone PER MONTH just for the right to use the damn thing on their network? So, over the course of 2 years, for one phone... if you get a new smart phone for $200 on a 2 year contract, that phone alone will actually cost you a grand total of $1160, which doesn't even include the monthly fee for the actual plan...which can be $70, $80, $90, or $100 per month. Tack on, say, an $80 plan and you'll be paying around $3100 for 24 months to use a smartphone on Verizon's network. That's just for one phone. If you have 4 total smartphones (which is how they are pushing the plan...for familes to share the same plan), that's about $6600....or $270 per month. That's a lot of money to be shelling out for a stupid capped plan.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the problem I have with the tiered plans. You already bought the phone, but now you have to pay a pointless $40 per smart phone PER MONTH just for the right to use the damn thing on their network? So, over the course of 2 years, for one phone... if you get a new smart phone for $200 on a 2 year contract, that phone alone will actually cost you a grand total of $1160, which doesn't even include the monthly fee for the actual plan...which can be $70, $80, $90, or $100 per month. Tack on, say, an $80 plan and you'll be paying around $3100 for 24 months to use a smartphone on Verizon's network. That's just for one phone. If you have 4 total smartphones (which is how they are pushing the plan...for familes to share the same plan), that's about $6600....or $270 per month. That's a lot of money to be shelling out for a stupid capped plan.

Its Verizon's way of having their cake and eating it too. Verizon has seen a dip in minute and text usage and people dropping to lower minute and text plans in favor of just using data. Now they are "giving you free texting and minutes" for 40 per smartphone AND slowing your data usage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2