verizon says I have froyo, but not so

Frankie

Reaction score
Today I got the text from VZW saying I now have 2.2 and Flash 10.1, but I still have 2.1 and software update says everything is up to date.

I just tried *#*#2432546#*#* and it found a zillion marketplace updates but no Froyo.

A few weeks ago I installed the radio update that was posted here. Does that have anything to do with it, and if so how do I revert?

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
My text said i was going to get it not that it was already done. You been on wifi or 3g? Don't think it will push over wifi.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
D1 owners with 2.2 already installed, and DX owners with 2.1 installed have been getting these texts and e-mails over the last 2 days as well.

Something is awry with Verizon's notification service of the update.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just tried *#*#2432546#*#* and it found a zillion marketplace updates but no Froyo.

Just so you know, that keystroke sequence does nothing special. The "checkin" routine is run everytime the device is booted up. I noticed this one time monitoring the bootup through "adb logcat"

The only time it will trigger an OTA update is if it has already been initially pushed to your specific device.

Last edited:

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
D1 owners with 2.2 already installed, and DX owners with 2.1 installed have been getting these texts and e-mails over the last 2 days as well.

Something is awry with Verizon's notification service of the update.

Hell, back when I had a BlackBerry Storm they pushed an OS update (4.7.0.148; I believe) in June. I got an email telling me about the "exciting new 4.7.0.148 update" sometime in October.

masters

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I installed the radio update that was posted here. Does that have anything to do with it, and if so how do I revert?

If you used ROM Manager, Flashed ClockworkMod, or SPRecovery to install that radio update, then the update is probably blocked..

OP
Frankie

Frankie

Reaction score
OK, thanks for the info. I will assume that it is just Verizon continuing to fail at Froyo.

FWIW, I have the non-rooted radio update that involved downloading a file then holding some buttons while rebooting.