Verizon Samsung update (not OTA)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Oh yeah don't think root was the problem, thing is Samsung guys won't touch it if it's rooted.

Couldn't hurt to go see them guys if your local Bestbuy has a Samsung store.

Can't have ya without a phone!

Well, I guess all roads lead to Motorola for me.

The S4 is completely dead. After the first two failures it rebooted back into ME7, but the third time was different...

After the third time, I powered it off and would not power on at all, not with the battery, not with a USB cord, not even into recovery. There is absolutely no response from any combination of button presses. It's completely toast.

So yesterday I went to the Phone Center Store. They also tried every form of button combinations, and even tried USB and a known good battery...all efforts were fruitless. I traded an old Droid Pro I had laying around for $100 Verizon Gift Card, and took the Edge option to get a Droid MAXX. For $20.83 per month, I have a new phone, and can do the same thing next year. Frankly, it's a pretty sweet deal. I'm returning the dead S4 for a new one and then selling it. The money I get from selling the CLNR Galaxy S4 makes it actually a net positive for me.

I'm happy to report that I LOVE my MAXX. ;-)

Awesome radios, build quality that is second to none, a user interface that is very close to vanilla Android, slower processor with less cores, but every bit as fast as the S4, lower resolution but my eyes can't see the difference, camera is not as nice perhaps, but I'm not using it for professional portraits or wedding photography, the battery life blows the competition out of the water and then some, overall the S4 is a nice phone, but it doesn't compare for my purposes...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Dang they gave you 100 for a DROID PRO? I have one of those sitting in a drawer with a Bionic as well.

Glad you got the Maxx. Hard to beat Moto build quality that is for sure.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Blew my mind...$100 trade in program now with the Edge only. I was going to use another line on my plan and do an upgrade which would have cost me $229 ($199 +30 upgrade fee), and I would have had a new 2-year contract on the plan. This way, I don't have any contract obligation, I only pay $20.83 per month, and I get $100 in credits to my bill next month. Also, I still get to return the defective phone and sell it for full value! I'm not sure if they realize how terrible a deal this is for them!! LOL! :)

And best of all, I get a brand new phone in a year and it's no more money...I just trade in the old MAXX and get whatever is the latest and greatest at that time.