Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 Waiting Room

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Looking to make the move to the s4, but only have my wives upgrade. Verizon used to allow switching within the family.Anyone know if they still do?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jacobbones

Reaction score
You can get the phone through your wifes account and activate it on yours.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
Just happened to check my order status and my expected ship date has been changed to the 23rd!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Just happened to check my order status and my expected ship date has been changed to the 23rd!

Checked mine just now and it's been updated to the 23rd as well! :lifting:

BillyT

Reaction score
I called Verizon customer service about getting my delivery changed. I am on vacation the week of the 30th, so it coming to the house was just fine when I ordered it. Next week though, I'm working and don't want to lose any days (22nd and/or 23rd) waiting on the phone to be delivered. I have to say the call went extremely well. So well in fact that I have zero confidence in the guy having made the change successfully. I asked him to email me a confirmation on the change, but he didn't. I am going to spend more time on the phone tomorrow to see where it is going.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I have to say the call went extremely well.

At first I was :big smile: when I saw that ^

So well in fact that I have zero confidence in the guy having made the change successfully. I asked him to email me a confirmation on the change, but he didn't. I am going to spend more time on the phone tomorrow to see where it is going.

Then suddenly :disappointed: when I read the rest^

What changes did he make for you btw? What date?

Reaction score
I am really debating on trading in my Razr HD for the S4. However I really need my foxfi to work with the S4 before I even dream on getting it.

BillyT

Reaction score
At first I was :big smile: when I saw that ^

Then suddenly :disappointed: when I read the rest^

What changes did he make for you btw? What date?
All I wanted to do was change the delivery address to a place that I plan to be on when the phone is delivered (work). I've had phones delivered to the work address before. I called CS to confirm the address and they told me they would have to cancel that order and redo it to the new address. Another Verizon fail. I told the rep to just leave the order alone and I'll take the day off. Excited to get the phone early, but not thrilled that I have to maneuver to actually receive it. She also tried to tell me not to expect the phone until the Tuesday AFTER memorial day. If this phone arrives after it is available in the stores, Verizon will lose me. In the meantime, I will prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
All I wanted to do was change the delivery address to a place that I plan to be on when the phone is delivered (work). I've had phones delivered to the work address before. I called CS to confirm the address and they told me they would have to cancel that order and redo it to the new address. Another Verizon fail. I told the rep to just leave the order alone and I'll take the day off. Excited to get the phone early, but not thrilled that I have to maneuver to actually receive it. She also tried to tell me not to expect the phone until the Tuesday AFTER memorial day. If this phone arrives after it is available in the stores, Verizon will lose me. In the meantime, I will prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Do you happen to live near your place of work? It's probably a long shot, but I have a daily FedEx pick up at my work, and my driver happens to be the same guy that delivers to my house. Whenever I have something coming from FedEx (like my mother's iPhone last week), I just let him know a day in advance, he watches for it on the truck, and delivers it to me at work in case no one is home. I'm sure that violates a bunch of FedEx policies, but I get my package, he gets the signature, and everyone is happy.

BillyT

Reaction score
No, I live 30 minutes away. It really shouldn't be that difficult to change delivery instructions once an order has been entered. She offered to attempt a change once it showed it shipped. Didn't want to do that either. I was just trying to keep from having to take a day off or work from home. I can do either, no big deal. Should have just saved myself the aggravation and planned on doing that.

BLeClair12

Reaction score
No, I live 30 minutes away. It really shouldn't be that difficult to change delivery instructions once an order has been entered. She offered to attempt a change once it showed it shipped. Didn't want to do that either. I was just trying to keep from having to take a day off or work from home. I can do either, no big deal. Should have just saved myself the aggravation and planned on doing that.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I could understand if the phone was already being prepared for shipment or something, but given that we're still a week out, I think it's silly they'd give anyone a hard time about changing an address to ensure delivery. If they can verify that you are the owner of the account (which obviously is pretty easy to do), and you're the one specifically making the request, there shouldn't be any issue. They're still going to get a signature for the package.

Alternatively, I suppose you could leave a signed note for FedEx if there's a spot they could put the package safely at your residence, or request them to hold it for pick up. It's unfortunate you have to take a day off for it, but I guess that means you'll get a little more time to play!