Verizon Salesman declined insurance for me!

KSR

Reaction score
No insurance for me either, only and extended warranty and a Body Glove. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

xxarthur33xx

Reaction score
I didn't get insurance on my X, and the reason why is because it's a ripoff. I used to have a Chocolate a while ago, and one day I had a problem with it just going crazy. Vibration stopped working, text was mixing up in the call log, screen would go white. The whole 9 yards. I sent it in and they send me a new one. A few months later, the screen went out. Couldnt do anything on the phone. I called up Verizon to see what they would do. They wanted $150 to send me out a new phone. I payed insurance on the damn thing for 3 years, and they wanted $150 for something I didn't even do. From then on, I never bothered with phone insurance again.

maderschramm

Reaction score
I bought insurance knowing full well I was probably gonna brick it and didn't want to shell out another 500 bucks for one. That said, I did brick it, but got it covered under warranty. That said, I like to drink. Like, a lot, and my phones get abused. So I need insurance because I know I'm going to spill on it sooner or later.

TheJester34

Reaction score
No insurance here. Just a soon-to-be-put-on Otterbox. Carried insurance for 3 years, never once needed it. I'm wicked careful with my electronics. If I have something nice, I treat it as such. My DX may get better care than my fiance`. <--- That's a joke, I swear. lol

selex

Reaction score
I do have insurance on Droid X even though it is a tough little phone, I've never misplaced a phone, or broke one and I'd still prefer not paying $500 for a replacement. The only time I didn't have insurance was when ATT denied my claim on my Tilt and I replaced it mid contract with a full price Nokia N900 which I couldn't insure through ATT.

It does remind me of an extended warranty offered for most electronics but its not a $10 insurance plan offered on a $20 item.

Selex

Rayday

Reaction score
Dial *611 and tell the agent u want to verify your features, when they don't list the ins tell them u were supposed to have it and they will enroll you. As for if u need it or not that is up to you. If you can afford to pay full price for a new x, then don't worry about it, if u can't, then id buy it! I've had ins on every phone I've owned, bc I'm very hard on phones,i lose them and break them often, so ins is a.must since all I have to pay is a deductible for a new phone.

Rayday

Reaction score
@pa9747, As long as u have the asurion ins and not the extended warranty it will cover anything that can happen to ur phone whether its been lost stolen, dropped,etc. They will send u a new phone and all it cost is the deductible.

erict

Reaction score
@pa9747, As long as u have the asurion ins and not the extended warranty it will cover anything that can happen to ur phone whether its been lost stolen, dropped,etc. They will send u a new phone and all it cost is the deductible.

I have the insurance and just received my info in the mail today. The letter actually states that I have both the asurion protection plan and verizon extended warranty. Not sure why its listed this way. While I'm not hard on phones but rather have the piece of mind for the $8 a month. I also like that it covers liquid damage.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
I got my D1 for nothing, well used, from my cousin...screen already cracked. When i went to VZW to get it activated, the lovely CS Rep asked me if i wanted insurance...just in case my screen got cracked or something (wink).
Seems to me it's pretty subjective.

-from my 1.1 GHz PEv3 Droid

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always insure I'm a heavy user

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

qqqqqqqman

Reaction score
It should be based on your history. I haven't lost a phone in ten years, so obviously declined. Some people go through phones like disposable razors.
But its not so simple as getting a new phone, there is a deductible, and the monthly fee.
For the average user, obviously you're losing money if you buy insurance, or else Verizon wouldn't offer it just sayin'

Same here...I treat this phone like a small computer and it never leaves my person or my sight. Of course, things can happen, but I tend to NOT buy insurance on things anyway.