Verizon Salesman declined insurance for me!

jfrost1920

Reaction score
So....When I bought my Droid X on release day, I was really excited. Of COURSE I would take the insurance on the 600 dollar thing! I took insurance on the regular droid, so why would I decline on the X? But as I was talking with Verizon today, it turns out I am not enrolled. I called the store I bought it from. Apparently the guy that sold me my phone has been fired for being a crappy employee. They thought that for sure he just pressed "declined insurance" and never tried to sell it to me or give me the option. I guess I was caught up in the excitement also, that I never thought about double checking. I just assumed I guess that OF COURSE insurance would be mandatory. Anyway, Its too late now so I am uncovered. But my question is: How many people out there are also un-insured? Am I the only one on this ship, or are there lots of folks that decline it? I was just really hacked off right now and just wondering how big of a deal it really is. So far, I have never done an insurance claim on a phone, but I also have never owned a $600 phone before. Kindof scary. I hope that Defender case gets released soon...

kparks

Reaction score
So....When I bought my Droid X on release day, I was really excited. Of COURSE I would take the insurance on the 600 dollar thing! I took insurance on the regular droid, so why would I decline on the X? But as I was talking with Verizon today, it turns out I am not enrolled. I called the store I bought it from. Apparently the guy that sold me my phone has been fired for being a crappy employee. They thought that for sure he just pressed "declined insurance" and never tried to sell it to me or give me the option. I guess I was caught up in the excitement also, that I never thought about double checking. I just assumed I guess that OF COURSE insurance would be mandatory. Anyway, Its too late now so I am uncovered. But my question is: How many people out there are also un-insured? Am I the only one on this ship, or are there lots of folks that decline it? I was just really hacked off right now and just wondering how big of a deal it really is. So far, I have never done an insurance claim on a phone, but I also have never owned a $600 phone before. Kindof scary. I hope that Defender case gets released soon...
verizon should go ahead and give u the insurance just say u told him to enroll u and he never did or sumn.... i have had two claims on my htc touch pro 2..the first one lol funny story i was in ocean city driving a little buzzed and talkin on my phone i went to pull in the gas station and when i was turning the weel..(u know hand over hand) i hit the phone and it shot out the window and i ran it over LMAO!!!! second time i was.. the cat knocked it off the counter and into my laundry well thats what im guessing happened im not sure and it went into the wash lol... i got sprint and that phone is pretty darn expensive.. and its also nice not having to car about the phone and baby it!!!

KLBailey

Reaction score
I have owned 9 phones and have never had insurance on any of them. I don't have insurance on my X either.

DynoPlast

Reaction score
I have owned 9 phones and have never had insurance on any of them. I don't have insurance on my X either.

Well, just think..... if you can go 75 MONTHS without a mishap, you will come out ahead.

DJSketch

Reaction score
On all the phones I have through Verizon which has been alot, I have always had insurance. An let me tell ya its well worth it cause when I had the HtC Touch Pro I literally went through five of them an if I didn't have the insurance I would have been SOL for sure. So I'd say if you can afford it its really good to have.

Sent from my DROIDX

thelion

Reaction score
Verizon may not be ABLE to just "give him the insurance" as some have suggested. My company offers insurance to folks to cover their vacation, but if they don't get it by a certain date they CAN NOT get it and we have no way of giving it to them.

As for whether or not to get insurance...I never had it in the past but I am very glad I did this time. My X was in a Drybag during my canoe trip. The Drybag and I ended up in the river and the Drybag snagged a rock tearing a teeny tiny hole...and drenching my phone. Five weeks after replacing it under warranty.

ZerokLd

Reaction score
No insuranve here

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

gbright666

Reaction score
So it sounds to me like if you do domb things with ur phone than insurance is good.

None for me plz.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly the release date for the DX, but I know since you didn't add it within 15 days of purchase you wouldn't be eligible. HOWEVER, there are circumstances that it can still be added. When I was a Rep, on about a half dozen cases, I was able to submit an email form to Asurion (it is a special form that a CS Rep who has half a brain knows where it resides) and can request with Asurion to have it added. In fact, in my own case, about a month after I got my Droid last November I realized insurance was never added to mine. Thankfully the rep I spoke to knew how to contact Asurion, and it was added on for me.

I've had cell phones since 1993 and I never filed an Asurion claim until in 2007 I was at the VZW call center at lunch and my Voyager fell out of my hand and into a bowl of cream of mushroom soup. Not a pretty site!

Reaction score
Well, just think..... if you can go 75 MONTHS without a mishap, you will come out ahead.

75? In 24 u can get a new phone on another contract. Keep your X around invade something happens to the new one and drop the.Insurance

My DROID beat-up your iphone

thelion

Reaction score
So it sounds to me like if you do domb things with ur phone than insurance is good.

None for me plz.

You mean "domb" like having it stolen? Crap happens and the insurance is there to protect you. I never had it before but I am sure glad I had it now. I took the right precautions and my phone was still damaged.

wb1960

Reaction score
Because I had 2 claims in one year I now cant be covered. Asurion wasnt good anyways. I then found square trade. They insure just about any electronic device. It is a little cheaper than Asurion and better customer service