Verizon S4

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have my s4 from Verizon for 3 days and for some reason, I cant launch the s voice from double clicking the home button. Any Ideas?

Also, is there a way to when you get a text to see who is is on your home screen notification rather then it just saying text message?

Thank you

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You may have it disabled, I think it comes disabled out of the box. Try going to s-voice settings and see if you can turn it on from there.

Check the settings in the messaging app and their should be a setting regarding "preview" I think.

sorry I'm thinking off the top of my head as I forgot my phone at home...

GVLBob

Reaction score
Opening S Voice by pressing the Home button twice is a feature that must be turned on. The default for this is "off".

OP
R
Reaction score
Yep that is it, it was not setup. TY

I noticed that on the at&t and sprint phones of the s4 that in the quick settings there is a toggle button for wifi that does not seem to exist in the Verizon model. Am I missing something or is that correct?

GVLBob

Reaction score
You are correct, there is not toggle for Wi-Fi with Verizon. It's one click away, however.

I didn't know that the other guys provide one... that is interesting.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You are correct, there is not toggle for Wi-Fi with Verizon. It's one click away, however.

I didn't know that the other guys provide one... that is interesting.

Ti's true, and this was discussed in another thread right around launch date. Actually, the every other version of the S4 other than Verizon's offer 3 additional toggles (19 vs16). Don't recall what the other two are off the top of my head though.

Shame of it now is with the new update causing users to lose root, the toggle for Wi-Fi then will either go away or be rendered useless. I don't root, but I'm pulling for the developers/hackers on this one. You should have that option.

edit: sorry about the duplicate post. Sent from my S4 and didn't see the first one take. The upper one can be removed. Thanks

Last edited: