:frown:

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Very nice...now all I have to do is get an S4! :blink:

:frown:

Why rush just let it come to you. I am hoping this "google edition" trend continues so that when it is time for me to update I will have more options to choose from. The device I am waiting for his a motorola google edition device (with competitive specs of course).

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This just keeps making my decision for Wednesday that much tougher...

Play the waiting game some more or scoop up an s4....hmmm

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
This just keeps making my decision for Wednesday that much tougher...

Play the waiting game some more or scoop up an s4....hmmm

It is all down to personal preference, but I highly recommend this phone. I am running the Cyanogenmod Nightlies, and it makes this phone the beez kneez. Might give this a shot too, see how it works.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It is all down to personal preference, but I highly recommend this phone. I am running the Cyanogenmod Nightlies, and it makes this phone the beez kneez. Might give this a shot too, see how it works.
Well considering the leaked news about the One, alot of the things I've read today regarding the s4 is pointing me in that direction. Ever since I demo'd one at AT&T I pretty much made my decision, but with enws of the 32gb model and the One supposedly being released in Sept, all signs point me in the way of Samsung again. This Google edition ROM is just the cherry on top. I'll run the s4 stock rooted for a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if I slapped this ROM on it in a matter of a few hours of owning it should I pick one up this week.

reybie

Reaction score
So, for anyone who knows... quick summary of the advantages of the Google Edition ROM over the stock? I was going to keep running rooted and stock but if the PROS outweigh the CONS, then I might just do it. Haven't ROMed since the OG Droid!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Well considering the leaked news about the One, alot of the things I've read today regarding the s4 is pointing me in that direction. Ever since I demo'd one at AT&T I pretty much made my decision, but with enws of the 32gb model and the One supposedly being released in Sept, all signs point me in the way of Samsung again. This Google edition ROM is just the cherry on top. I'll run the s4 stock rooted for a bit, but I wouldn't be surprised if I slapped this ROM on it in a matter of a few hours of owning it should I pick one up this week.

Dont wait, take it from me - the 45 seconds I had the TW look on my N2 was too long!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dont wait, take it from me - the 45 seconds I had the TW look on my N2 was too long!

Haha yeah wasn't a fan of touchwiz before but I'll give it a shot for at least a day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say this but Touchwiz ftw! As much as I loved AOSP ROMS on my Nexus. I find Samsungs Touchwiz features on the S4 very useful, specially the camera modes which you won't get on AOSP.

Find a debloated touchwiz ROM like Beanstown106 Jelly Beans - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...jelly-beans-build-4-06-27-13-i545vruamdk.html

This is what is awesome about the development community and why I will not buy a device unless it can be rooted and will have dev support. Whether you like tw or the plain vanilla look their is a flavor for every one. A lot of the tw roms have better battery life, feels snappier, and out performs stock so those who want to keep tw for the features can still have a device that performs the way the expect it. I am personally running a tw rom (Skynote 9.2) because I prefer the features (ie s-pen) but I prefer nova launcher over tw.

Wicked, have you tried the google edition roms yet?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Never thought I'd say this but Touchwiz ftw! As much as I loved AOSP ROMS on my Nexus. I find Samsungs Touchwiz features on the S4 very useful, specially the camera modes which you won't get on AOSP.

Find a debloated touchwiz ROM like Beanstown106 Jelly Beans - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...jelly-beans-build-4-06-27-13-i545vruamdk.html

I liked the Hypderdrive ROM before I moved over to Cyanogen. I think I am going to flash the stock Google from XDA now and see how that goes. If I am not a fan of that I will give Beanstown a try.

I have never used a ROM before, can't believe what I have been missing out on.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
) but I prefer nova launcher over tw.

Have to agree there. I have used Nova on all the ROMs I have been flashing. Really one of the main reasons I like the AOSP ROMS more is the stock Google messaging APP is better than the one for TW.

Plus there seems to be a bit more memory available without the TW stuff running.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Just tried BeansTown and got stuck in a boot loop. Might have gotten bad download, will try again tomorrow.

Restored to my Cyanogenmod backup for now.

Sent from my S4