Verizon Rolling Out Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
marshmallow-galaxy-s6-verizon.JPG

Big Red has now joined the big party for Marshmallow on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge. Verizon just started rolling out Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for the these devices today. Of course, YMMV as far as which phase/queue you will get the roll out, so be patient. You will receive it eventually within the next week or so.

Sound off and let us know what you think of Marshmallow on your Galaxy S6 device!

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Loaded it yesterday, works well.
I went to settings/system updates, and it was found.

Sent from an iGalaxy Tab S2

stam101

Reaction score
Mine is running well. Looking to find out if battery is better now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
So far, so good here. I don't think battery life has gotten better, but it hasn't gotten worse. I think over the course of this week I'll really find out what my battery life is like compared to L. I think the Doze feature has helped a bit. Maybe.

One thing I've also noticed so far is that my hand-offs from wifi to mobile data have actually been happening. On L, there would be too many times (okay, more like all the time) that I would leave a wifi network and go to 4G...but the 4G mobile data wouldn't actually pick up. I would have to toggle airplane mode to get mobile data to kick in.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
... On L, there would be too many times (okay, more like all the time) that I would leave a wifi network and go to 4G...but the 4G mobile data wouldn't actually pick up. I would have to toggle airplane mode to get mobile data to kick in.

This was my issue on the S5, but transferring from data to Wi-Fi, had to toggle airplane, not an issue thus far on the S6...
Battery? Haven't noticed a positive change...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I'm also going to try another oddity later this week. It seemed that with L, our corporate wifi here at the office would absolutely kill my battery. I'm fairly certain it was just an L thing though because before my previous device (Moto X) had L, it was fine on wifi...then L comes along and I would be down to 60% battery within an hour of getting to the office with the same usage as prior to the upgrade.

Even with L on the S6, it drains a lot faster on the corporate wifi than when I'm just on 4G. Weird. But only on the office wifi...my home and other people's private wifi does not impact it like that.

wardo

Reaction score
Downloading now, taking forever....

Malkavian

Reaction score
Installed mine this morning. Seems to be a faster when realizing I have my thumb on the sensor. Don't really like having to put the pin/password in after a reboot before fingerprint will work for subsequent unlocks.

Programs seem to be a bit snappier when loading.

Battery is better from what I can see. I think I might be able to go an entire day now.

Amagine

Reaction score
While the boost in speed could mostly be attributed to the system refresh. I have however, noticed a pretty good boost in battery life. With moderate usage ( Facebook email, phone, some games on mostly Wi-Fi) I unplugged my S6 at 8 am CSt and now at 1230 am CSt I have just now hit 16% left. I haven't utilized the power saving mode till just now either.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like my phone is brand new again since doing the update. Very quick and responsive. Barely need to hit the home button to register my finger to unlock. Love love love the ability to have a pin as a backup password instead of just an actual password. Really very happy with the update so far.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
But what about the s6 edge+???

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Check under settings/update should be for all S6's but mine was Verizon...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ffontaine

Reaction score
I am on the Verizon UDP and was leary about updating for fear of breaking Foxfi. I updated my S6 this morning and Foxfi is working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Found 2 things I don't like. I keep my phone in power saving mode all the time partially because of those stupid lights for the back and menu buttons. When it is plugged in, the phone still lights up those buttons. 2nd thing I dislike is that when in power saving, the notification bar is gray.
What I do like is that now when my phone is on silent and power saving is enabled, my phone will still vibrate when receiving a text message.