Verizon Revamps Company Logo

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
new-verizon-logo-tweet.png

In case it went unnoticed by you, Google changed their logo and introduced it yesterday. You will be forgiven if you didn't realize it, because it hasn't changed a ton. It turns out that the Googlers weren't the only folks who wanted a new look for their logo. Apparently Verizon wants to freshen up theirs as well.

new-verizon-logo-tweet-2.png

What you see above is obviously a minor change. The check mark is now smaller and on the right side, instead of the left. The first pic is the leaked logo change, and the second is the official one. It looks like Verizon just decided to push it out after it leaked.

Did we need this change? Will this minor aesthetic alteration appeal to a new generation of apathetic end users? Will folks even notice or care? At least it makes the marketing execs happy...

Source: Verizon News (@VerizonNews) | Twitter

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
It looks very cheap and simple, like a 6 year old drew it. Not what I'd expect from a large company. Although most everything is following that simplistic look lately so what do I know?

Personally I like things that appear to have some real thought behind them. But again I did run a vinyl sign shop for years and still tinker with it.

Note 4tified

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Let's see what their research team on crack, came up with as a slogan..it'll probably be even more laughable..

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wow that's amazing, I'm so glad I'm staying with these visionaries at Verizon... It makes me know I've made the informed decision and checked it off my list...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It looks very cheap and simple, like a 6 year old drew it. Not what I'd expect from a large company. Although most everything is following that simplistic look lately so what do I know?

Personally I like things that appear to have some real thought behind them. But again I did run a vinyl sign shop for years and still tinker with it.

Note 4tified
Google's rationale makes sense. The new one scales to smaller devices better & takes less bandwidth.

I was reading an article today & learned that, in super low bandwidth situations, Google was just approximating their logo with plain, colored text. This new one is low bandwidth friendly.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We used to joke and say "these kids will be running the country someday"....that day is upon us. Between Google and Verizon.... clearly, you no longer need an education past the third grade in order work at our nations largest corporations. SMH

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We used to joke and say "these kids will be running the country someday"....that day is upon us. Between Google and Verizon.... clearly, you no longer need an education past the third grade in order work at our nations largest corporations. SMH
Or mod at a forum so it seems...