Verizon Replacement phone questions

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I found a Droid charge off contract for a good price, and I had some questions.

Can I just activate it and use it as my new phone?

If it breaks, would I get a new one, my old phone, or would I just be screwed until I buy a different one?

Are there any things that change price wise going from a 3G to LTE phone?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

If it breaks, would I get a new one, my old phone, or would I just be screwed until I buy a different one?

Thanks!

Yes, you can just activate it as a new phone, you can either take it to the store to have them activate it, or dial a number (*228) (Only applies if it has a clean ESN)

I'm assuming that since you found it off contract, that it's not through verizon, and from a person. And verizon does not have to give you a new phone if the one you're buying off contract breaks.

And no, no prices will change going from 3G to LTE, unlimited Data is unlimited Data.

Enjoy your new charge.

Last edited:
OP
D

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Thanks!

Yes, you can just activate it as a new phone, you can either take it to the store to have them activate it, or dial a number (*228) (Only applies if it has a clean ESN)

I'm assuming that since you found it off contract, that it's not through verizon, and from a person. And verizon does not have to give you a new phone if the one you're buying off contract breaks.

And no, no prices will change going from 3G to LTE, unlimited Data is unlimited Data.

Enjoy your new charge.

Thanks, that helps alot.
I think what I might do is just keep my DX, and if something happens to my Charge, ill have a Droid X to go back to instead of having to find another.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

Thanks!

Enjoy your new charge.

Thanks, that helps alot.
I think what I might do is just keep my DX, and if something happens to my Charge, ill have a Droid X to go back to instead of having to find another.

Glad I could help :)

And yeah, keeping your last phone will definitely help if something happens to your new phone. I still have my Eris, and I'll keep my Dinc when I upgrade this fall.

Lemme know how the charge works out. I've been thinking of getting that when I can finally upgrade. But the Bionic has gotten me mesmerized lol

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
BTW Verizon does have to make changes on the backend for 4G. No differences in bill but I don't think its just an activation by *228. You probably have to call. I know in the HTC TB *228 breaks the SIM functionality IIRC.