Verizon refuses to send a new Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by huertas, Mar 1, 2010.

1. huertas

huertas New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had the droid :motdroidhoriz: for about a month 1/2 I love it!!! The past few days the leaf side of touch screen has not work just the very end I can't use my return button . We did a hard reset with verion and it didn't work Verizon toll me they can't fix it and they will send me a new phone not arefurbish one.
    I paid 1 year pricing for the phone and do not want a used phone. After 1 1/2 months .. (I do not want to replace a month and ½ old phone with a used one! )..
    My replacement phone came in today it is a refurbish one. And verizon refuses to replace it with new one even know it is under a one year manufacture warranty...can any one help?
    Thanks for the input.

2. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Verizon policy is 30 days. Just the way it is. Replacement from Verizon would indeed be a refurb BUT this is a manufacturer defect.....that being said, you need to contact the manufacturer for warranty (Motorola)

3. jakenovak

jakenovak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All, all, all... let me repeat, *all*... replacement phones from Verizon will be refurbs. They inventory new and refurbs differently, and will never open a retail packaging to give you the new phone inside of it.

That being said, I'm confident the Droid is new enough that if you had a defect, a refurb (which must go through the same conditioning new devices do) will work just as fine as a new device.

4. noisufnoc

noisufnoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    perhaps try your local vzw store? we swapped my fiancee's phone out at a store and got them to give us a new one.

5. JFDroid

JFDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most people don't understand the way replacement handsets work with Verizon Wireless.

They have a program called CLNR. Certified-like-new-replacement. This is NOT THE SAME as a refurbished unit. I will say it again. CLNR is NOT the same as a refurbished unit.

A refurbished unit is an old unit that has some type of thing wrong with it, it was sent back to the manufacturer, fixed, and sent out to be sold as a refurbished phone.

CLNR phones are exactly the same as an original Droid, except without a new battery, charger, and all the other amenities (like the fancy retail box, guides/pamphlets and anything else that drives up the cost of an original retail boxed unit).

However, the important part - the guts of the phone (including screen, processor, etc.) are all *completely* new and have never been in someone else's hands before.

Take the damn CLNR and be happy. It's the same as a brand new one, just without the fancy box and all the accessories. It only costs like $185 to manufacture a brand new Droid anyway, and if you take out the cost of the retail box, chargers, and battery, manufacturers can save a lot of $ for replacement handsets.

6. yungo845

yungo845 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    go to a verizon store since ur under warranty u should be able to get a new one.. also after 3 refurbs verizon has to give u a new phone u wont get a box or anything tho just the phone

7. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Please make sure you also post an introduction in the appropriate thread!

8. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I got a new one for my first replacement. But this was about a month after the phone came out. I had to get a replacement last week and it was a refurb. That's all you're going to get.

Hey, least refurbs get some personal attention for functionality and new ones just go through a line!

9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Going to the store isn't going to help. You'll get the CLNR as mentioned by the previous poster. I recently had a problem with my Apple Magic Mouse and they sent me a refurb for a replacement. I knew that's what I'd be getting without anybody even telling me.

That's how all electronics work. In some rare case early on people got new ones because there were no replacements, but that's different now.

10. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with the type of phone they are telling you they will replace your Droid with. At all. Its not like you're about to get something that has been run through the ringer, scratched, torn up and paint scratched. In fact, you won't be able to tell a difference between a brand new one and what you'll get. My advice, go ahead and get the replacement sent, don't waste your time with going to the stores and get up and running again. Catching attitudes with them and telling them what they will or will not do won't help your situation. I can pretty much guarantee that.

Search tags for this page
clnrmotxt1080m
how can verizon give me a refurbished phone
my phone is glitching out verizon refuses to check it
verizon phone warranty sends reburbished

verizon sent me a refurbished phone

verizon sent me a used phone as a replacment that was all sc
verizon sent me the wrong phone
verizon sent me the wrong replacement phone
whyisverizonsendingmeausedphone
will verizon send me a refurbish htc one