Verizon Pushed Updates to Several Devices Recently: Turbo 2, Galaxy S5 & Note 4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-turbo-2-cracked-black-backg.jpg

Verizon just spent the last few days pushing out updates to 3 of their most popular devices from the last couple of years. The Droid Turbo 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 all received updates that ranged from bug fixes to security hole plugs. Here's a breakdown:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4 new software version VRU2CPF3 = security patch.
  • The Galaxy S5 new software version VRU2DPF4 = bug fix in which “the device couldn’t be unlocked, even when using the correct PIN or pattern unlock code.”
  • Motorola DROID Turbo 2 new software version SU1.75B: 24.14.16 = “fixes device charging issues.” (This one just started rolling out this morning, so you might not see it for a day or two.)
It's good to see Big Red's techs are knocking stuff out.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
And Still no Marshmallowy Love for the OG Droid Turbo! :(

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Installed mine this morning. I'll be curious to see if it makes a difference. I just got my T2 last week (gently used), so I don't truly have much to compare it to. The battery life has been disappointing, but I am also still moving into it, so I was chalking that up to heavier than "normal" use. No known charging issues prior to the update.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I pulled down the t2 update already ..nothing special..just some fixes..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Installed mine this morning. I'll be curious to see if it makes a difference. I just got my T2 last week (gently used), so I don't truly have much to compare it to. The battery life has been disappointing, but I am also still moving into it, so I was chalking that up to heavier than "normal" use. No known charging issues prior to the update.
Battery life seems to have suffered with the last big update ..quiet a bit...I used to get a full day with lots of screen on..now I get less of both .maybe this update will help...doubt it .