Verizon pulls Android 2.2 "FRG01b" update for DROID 1, future updates uncertain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley

Reaction score
I just made a phone call on my stock Droid 1 running 2.1, it worked fine.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can say this, if this proves true, this will drive me to buy a d2 or X and leave my beloved Droid behind. Yes I am rooted and already running 2.2 but you have to imagine development for the original Droid will stop soon, again if this is true.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well, this is so different from what I heard just this morning that I quite honestly find it hard to believe. The source however is credible.

I had heard from our source that the update was "cough ahem" soon.

I hope you are right, you seem to have a good source but mdw have proven themselves as well, now comes the waiting game! All the speculation should make for some interesting threads and a whole lot of policing for the mods though, haha.

See I'm told one thing, and then I'm told another. I'm not even certain now why it was halted and who actually halted it. I'm trying to get more information. This is really going to get some people p.o.'d.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can say this, if this proves true, this will drive me to buy a d2 or X and leave my beloved Droid behind. Yes I am rooted and already running 2.2 but you have to imagine development for the original Droid will stop soon, again if this is true.

Well, this is so different from what I heard just this morning that I quite honestly find it hard to believe. The source however is credible.

now you owe me one hooky : )

I said September October if at all lol.

Hey, I don't see it that way. If they don't release anything then we were both wrong.;)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting how Rooters can have it working flawlessly and now this news?

???

Reaction score
I just made a phone call on my stock Droid 1 running 2.1, it worked fine.

a phone call? from a cell phone? why on earth would you do something like that.

but in truth, i did get a call last week sometime on mine. 2.2 seemed to work well as a phone too. well better really because chevy01 fixed the stupid sensor that always made my face touch buttons if i titled my head and beep on the phone.

so i guess, maybe mine didn't work very well on phone calls with stock 2.1.

Sal

Reaction score
H

I hope you are right, you seem to have a good source but mdw have proven themselves as well, now comes the waiting game! All the speculation should make for some interesting threads and a whole lot of policing for the mods though, haha.

See I'm told one thing, and then I'm told another. I'm not even certain now why it was halted and who actually halted it. I'm trying to get more information. This is really going to get some people p.o.'d.

Yeah, me!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may end up being the most important post ever. Does this mean no OTA 2.2 for Droid EVER? I strongly suspect gingerbread is never coming to Droid 1 (and always did suspect that). No 2.2 OTA is a huge deal to the community if it is true!

I had heard also that Gingerbread wouldn't be available for the Droid 1.

If this becomes official, I'll probably root.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was talking to Miami early this morning on my Droid as he was telling me that FRG22 was the one.

I'm not so sure if FRG22 is that great anyway. I was having some issues with the virtual keyboard.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am unrooted and running 2.2 and it's fine. No problems at all and I have flash installed.

They will have this fixed soon. There are more Droid 1's out there than all the others. Stop whining and worrying. It's their biggest seller and the biggest Droid out there.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hey, I don't see it that way. If they don't release anything then we were both wrong.;)
: ) it's all good my friend.......

to add more to the rumor mill I got a call that it is a security issue with the new mail apk (S1.0 )

I guess it has to do with the security settings. The one that allows the server to initiate a remote wipe/lock.

sounds plausable

droiddave1

Reaction score
They broke exchange in FRG22

This is my thought exactly. Exchange security features that were added don't work right in FRG22. They can't send this out en masse with exchange broken. Wait and see...

Isn't the cutting edge of technology fun? Many of us have been through this cycle many many times with different technologies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This may end up being the most important post ever. Does this mean no OTA 2.2 for Droid EVER? I strongly suspect gingerbread is never coming to Droid 1 (and always did suspect that). No 2.2 OTA is a huge deal to the community if it is true!

I had heard also that Gingerbread wouldn't be available for the Droid 1.

If this becomes official, I'll probably root.

Well supposedly the processor can't handle it and that's what I believed but I was told I'm wrong about that. There would be a version of Gingerbread for the Droid. Who knows.

mac5217

Reaction score

It was already noted somewhere that Gingerbread WOULD NOT make its way to the Droid 1. Something about the processor not being able to run it. Forgot where I read it, but if you do a Google search I'm sure it'll come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.