Verizon Promotion Doubles Data for Same Price. Limited time though

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Verizon Promotion Doubles Gigabytes for Same Price. Limited time though

Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be any catch to this. Simply apply. Although I'm not sure if this only applies to LTE devices.

From Slashgear:

Verizon double-data LTE promotion revealed - SlashGear

It should be no surprise to you at this point that the DROID RAZR is about to be one big gigantic deal for both Verizon and Motorola what with its slick nature and LTE connectivity, and here’s another reason to get excited: a brand new double-data plan. Verizon will be starting a promotion on November 8th, 2011, in which both existing and new customers are eligible for double data plans. Those people getting a 2GB data plan now for $30 will soon be getting a 4GB data plan for that same $30. Sound like a pretty gooddeal to attach to your brand spanking new LTE device?

Last edited:

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
Perhaps this is how they do away with grandfathered unlimited customers? If so, i dont really care lol 4gb is plenty of data for a cell phone

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I think 4gb is the correct data limit for $30. I could be biased because of my own data usage. 4gb would cover me just as well as my unlimited plan.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Perhaps this is how they do away with grandfathered unlimited customers? If so, i dont really care lol 4gb is plenty of data for a cell phone

Or Maybe this is just how they say Oop's 2 GB was not enough.
But only for a limited time are we going to feel bad about it & let you bump the data plan if you hear about the option. Than when everybody on the 2gb plans start going over. They can say we let you change to 4gb for free & you chose not to, not our problem.

Makes them look like the good guy again.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Dumb move by verizon to keep the price the same with a 2gb cap in the first place. AT&T at least dropped their plan $5/mo once the cap hit. I think this is just their way of saying "look for only $5/mo more you get 2gb more of data."

Nice to see they've addressed it and "upgraded" to 4gb. With this move though I see them pushing tethering plans with smartphone users more than ever now though.

Unlimited crew checking in:hail:

Heywood

Reaction score
With AT&T's acquisition of TMo just over the horizon, I think we are going to see lots of this type of promo.

OP
StupidGenius

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Of course it's only for 4g customers. Was going to get my other line... Opened after the cap to 4 gig... It's my old d2g.

Still gonna try

UN-L3ASH3D bionic with th3ory. Posting straight from me to you!!

You know, that's probably a great idea. If you approach them correctly they may just let some long-term customers take advantage of the ugrade even without the LTE. I've heard plenty of stories where people managed to negotiate with reps. Worth a try at least.

equake

Reaction score
Competition is great and lowers prices. Big Red is worried about AT&T and their network upgrade to LTE.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
You know, that's probably a great idea. If you approach them correctly they may just let some long-term customers take advantage of the ugrade even without the LTE. I've heard plenty of stories where people managed to negotiate with reps. Worth a try at least.

well seeing as I've had VZW personally since I turned 18 and my mother was on VZW back when it was Air touch, I'm hoping. :D not to mention the line originally had a bionic on it, I just didn't want to give my brother a bionic :dry: I know selfish right, when I had a D2G laying around :biggrin:

brandon9559

Reaction score
Doubtful, seeing how this promotionsays it is specifically for LTE customers. I have tried to do favors like this for people and the feature codes will not work. But thats in the store...maybe you would have better luck with some type of customer service supervisor. But by all means try...good luck.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Doubtful, seeing how this promotionsays it is specifically for LTE customers. I have tried to do favors like this for people and the feature codes will not work. But thats in the store...maybe you would have better luck with some type of customer service supervisor. But by all means try...good luck.

rofl I'll just switch my bionic to the line, get the promo then switch back, to dirty? rofl... that's too much work is what it is

brandon9559

Reaction score
rofl I'll just switch my bionic to the line, get the promo then switch back, to dirty? rofl... that's too much work is what it is

Not really too much work...if it would work it would be totally worth it...but it won't. If you read that document I posted you will see that switching back to a 3G phone will drop the feature.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Not really too much work...if it would work it would be totally worth it...but it won't. If you read that document I posted you will see that switching back to a 3G phone will drop the feature.
ahh somehow missed that. probably because the moment I saw 4G I figured it wouldn't work :D

who knows maybe with 4G becoming so big they will up the cap to 4g eventually