Verizon price change question

don_813

Reaction score
ok guys i am very confused. could u answer some questions. I have a family connect plan 700 mins 4 lines, 2 env touches and 2 droids paying 200 dollars a month for unlimited WEB EMAIL TEXT for all phones and 700 mins shared.
Will any of the new price changes affect me. Also is the upgrade to unlimited voice plan for family really cheap now?
i can't seem to find a table of all the new plans that are going to be out. i heard they are getting rid of the connect plan so if i do the price changes is it true i will only get 25 mb for my env touches instead of unlimited

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
ok guys i am very confused. could u answer some questions. I have a family connect plan 700 mins 4 lines, 2 env touches and 2 droids paying 200 dollars a month for unlimited WEB EMAIL TEXT for all phones and 700 mins shared.
Will any of the new price changes affect me. Also is the upgrade to unlimited voice plan for family really cheap now?
i can't seem to find a table of all the new plans that are going to be out. i heard they are getting rid of the connect plan so if i do the price changes is it true i will only get 25 mb for my env touches instead of unlimited

Here is all the information you need

BGR - VZW Pricing tables

eversonsc

Reaction score
Well only the select plan seems to be lowered. I have a Connect plan and it isn't going to make sense for me to change it. Of course.....my luck

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
First of all thanks for all the response, I was just able to lower my family plan from 1400min to 700min and that helped alot. Its not because i cant afford a smart phone its because myself and my wife only talk to each other maybe 2min a day and slim to no texing.

We both have droids and our talk time avg a month is less then 365min. The new plans seem great for folks who do alot of texing and phone use.

orthocoder

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I may interject- I was looking at the new plans as well. Like anyone else, I would like to get the most bang for my buck instead of paying it to the man.

we have 2 PDA phones and a dumbphone. My son got the Versa in October and I was able to block the data as he doesn't use it anyways. He's a texting machine and uses the voice very little. We do the Family Share 700 min and unlimited text and of course the mandatory data on the PDA's.

I want to say that when my son's phone was purchased, the rep did say we had to pay the data. My husband called me at work and I immediately got on the phone to verizon customer service and that person said we didn't have to pay it as long as it was blocked. So I blocked it, Navigator and VCast.

She also told me that the games that came on the phone (2 of them) would incur 3.99 each per month charge as long as they were on the phone and he played each one at least once. That in itself is such a scam. I remember when the games that came with the phone were free! The thing that got to me, was that, had she not told me, I would not have known until the first bill arrived. So my son's phone is 9.99 + the 7.99 insurance (that went up too-used to be 5.99)

Never hurts to call customer service and I'm not paying for something that isn't used....

don_813

Reaction score
I have a connect plan, can i downgrade to a select plan if it is cheaper. I also ordered through wirefly, i dont know if that changes anything.

xjman349

Reaction score
There seems to be some misunderstanding. If you are on anything over the 2000 minute family share plan is when you will start to see the new pricing take into affect. Post questions you have about the new pricing and I will be happy to answer them. I completed the training today and will be more than happy to answer any questions to reduce incoming VZW calls tomorrow. :)

xjman349

Reaction score
One other thing I would like to mention. If you are currently on a Nationwide Family Share 2100 plan, and you are using less than 2000, but more than 1400, minutes it would be beneficial to move to the 2000 minute plan for 10 dollars per month in savings.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
i just went on verizons website and it showed my $99.99 450 minute, unlimited texting, and unlmited data package plan as being discontinued. They have a $59.99 voice and texting plan as well as an add on for 29.99 to have unlimited data. Seems like I can save myself $10 a month.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
Just called them and my plan dropped by $10

Nationwide 450 minutes voice and text + unlimited data