Verizon Preps for Tiered Data Plans and New Family Plans (Maybe This Summer)

thehirsches

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good app for tracking how much data we use?
I don't even know if I should be upset or not since I don't know my usage.
I do use Pandora on car trips, but the rest is all email, texts and web surfing.

Thanks.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Does anyone know a good app for tracking how much data we use?
I don't even know if I should be upset or not since I don't know my usage.
I do use Pandora on car trips, but the rest is all email, texts and web surfing.

Thanks.

Just use the "My Verizon Mobile" app...should be able to download that from the market in the Verizon tab.

soulpatch

Reaction score
+1 for the my verizon app. I use a lot less then I thought I did even when streaming rhapsody on my bike during commutes. Thankfully I am in wifi zones most of the time so it is not really an issue for me...

DroidXCBR

Reaction score
That Verizon app isn't compatible with the tb yet lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sb1831

Reaction score
I guess I must have been the only one that got the good side of this. If you're a user that doesn't use much data and have multiple lines, it may actually be CHEAPER in the long run for you with a "family data" package. 30$ a line when everyone in your family has a smartphone, vs say $80 for 10Gb.(hypothetical). Not to mention you can always add another line if you're a person that likes to upgrade frequently and pay the extra line fee and always have an upgrade available.

JohnAP2

Reaction score
Wait till the suckers who waited for the reincarnation of the Droid Bionic are greeted with a lousy tiered data plan...

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I may be looking into the new Metro PCS everything family plans if Verizon cuts unlimited. I'll wait and give them the benefit of the doubt until this is rolled out, though.

True but their service sucks. Everyone I know that has metro pcs hates it. You get what you pay for.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Cloud36426

Reaction score
That Verizon app isn't compatible with the tb yet lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I have it on my TB. I can't remember where I got the apk but I can email it to you if you need it. PM me if you need it.

Sent from my ADR6400L

big al

Reaction score
just look at how much data doing a factory wipe and the reload of your apps costs you.
Unless you do a back up or switch to a wifi connection it will eat up your data.
AND Verizon uses this as the first line fix all as tech support.

Its just a bad idea

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I doubt anybody with unlimited LTE will have there contracts altered as long as they don't upgrade their devices. I'll even go a step further and say they won't alter the data plans once the contract is up as long as we don't get carried away with the data usage. The benefit and thanks for helping them get the LTE off and going. Gotta stay positive people.

Why am I not using my TB you ask. My droid needs some love too.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not surprised it was a matter of when and not if. They were experincing an increase in smart phone users and majority android. They know they could not keep people from using tethering apps because basically it would cost them more hunting people down. Tier plans basically is cost effective for thrm in the long run. Hopefully they have some plans that are reasonable.

Reaction score
Wait till the suckers who waited for the reincarnation of the Droid Bionic are greeted with a lousy tiered data plan...

Sounds like a bolt owner to me = ) The tiered plans havnt started yet, so you'll have to wait till then before you start bashing us. If they keep the unlim data for the bionic, humble pie will be on your menu in the future.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
For what its worth Verizon has had tiered data plans before and kept unlimited as an option.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums