Verizon Prematurely Starts (& stops) Marshmallow for Motorola Droid Turbo 2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-motorola-droid-turbo-2-rvb-shot.jpg

We have received several reports that Verizon started rolling out the latest Android Marshmallow update to the Motorola Droid Turbo 2, but then suddenly stopped it. The build was 24.14.9, but we suspect they found a hiccup that caused them to yank it. When they start it up again it will likely have a different number.

Stay tuned for more details, or if you see something before we post anything, be sure to share it here!

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got several notifications it was coming out. Thank you for the update though. Looking forward to it rolling out.

Sent from my T2

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw the Moto Forum go nuts for a few minutes. Then....sad people.

Clamshell

Reaction score
Will it fix the green line issue on the display? Just kidding. Anyone know if they've identified the cause and fix yet?
I'm holding off on picking a Turbo 2 up till they do. Also waiting for the 20th to see if I get hit with the Unltd. increase.
Sorry for jacking this thread.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Will it fix the green line issue on the display? Just kidding. Anyone know if they've identified the cause and fix yet?
I'm holding off on picking a Turbo 2 up till they do. Also waiting for the 20th to see if I get hit with the Unltd. increase.
No idea, haven't heard anything on the cause. But Moto & Verizon are replacing affected phones.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Replacing the bugged updated phones?

Sent from my T2
No. Replacing the phones with the green lines on the screen. I have not heard of any phones borked up from a software update.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's good news the bug in the pulled update didn't have a bad effect on the hardware. Also great to hear they are replacing the phones with the green line

Sent from my T2

Clamshell

Reaction score
FWIW..read on another forum they still don't know if it's hardware, software or a bad batch of parts. Supposedly still happening to recently built Turbo 2's. Hopefully not a design issue. I'm really looking forward to one of these.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's good news the bug in the pulled update didn't have a bad effect on the hardware. Also great to hear they are replacing the phones with the green line

Sent from my T2
Bug i n the pulled update???

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Software updates were pushed out in a small group before a bug was found in it. Then they stopped the update and withdrew it supposedly. I haven't heard from anyone who got it or havent seen screenshots of the update. Don't know how true it was that it reached phones but I believe they were about to let it roll out and then found a bug in it. After the bug was discovered they stopped the roll out and not sure when it is supposed to start again

Sent from my T2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It's really not that common. I wouldn't wait because there's a 4% chance you might get a bad one.

TapaTurboII

Jimmy8881

Reaction score
it is a hardware defect, the line disappears when pressing the screen hard at the bottom left grill hole, like there is a loose connection in the display. Seen this happen in a few computer LCD displays in the past.

Wadman

Reaction score
I sent my dt2 in to motorola 2 weeks ago because of the green line. Had to take a picture of the display with another camera, then email the picture to motorola in order to prove I had this issue. Then they told me to send in the broken device and they would send me a new phone. Last week I get an email saying that they were in the process of repairing my phone, which I found odd since I was told there is no fix for the green line. Then today, talked to a rep that said my new device should arrive by Friday. I never had to do this with a phone through Verizon. But hey, they made good and are sending my new phone out so I can't complain too much. As for the update, I was ticked when I saw it was coming and I DON'T HAVE MY PHONE!!!! Here's to hoping we all get the update soon.