Verizon policy on data

freefly716

Reaction score
Hey
I was going to get my dad a new phone for his birthday. The droid incredible has become around 350 dollars without a contract, ranging up to 420. I expect the same to happen to the droid 2 by July (dad's bday).
However, I do not want to have to try and force him to get a data plan, which he won't do.
I know all VZW smartphones require a dataplan, but that's for new ones, meaning on the shelf. THe discontinued models, like the lg dare, are smartphones and they do not have to get a data plan. When the droid 1 or the droid 2 is discontinued, will I have to get a data plan on them, or no?

Thanks

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey
I was going to get my dad a new phone for his birthday. The droid incredible has become around 350 dollars without a contract, ranging up to 420. I expect the same to happen to the droid 2 by July (dad's bday).
However, I do not want to have to try and force him to get a data plan, which he won't do.
I know all VZW smartphones require a dataplan, but that's for new ones, meaning on the shelf. THe discontinued models, like the lg dare, are smartphones and they do not have to get a data plan. When the droid 1 or the droid 2 is discontinued, will I have to get a data plan on them, or no?

Thanks

First and foremost, the LG Dare isn't a smartphone.

Second, any smartphone released before September, 2008, doesn't require a data plan. However, any smartphone released after that date, discontinued or not, requires a data plan.

Big Ry

Reaction score
This is news to me...rather crappy news might I add :/
Hey

Thanks

First and foremost, the LG Dare isn't a smartphone.

Second, any smartphone released before September, 2008, doesn't require a data plan. However, any smartphone released after that date, discontinued or not, requires a data plan.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk