Verizon Plans to Stop Unsanctioned Tethering that Uses Unofficial Apps

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Yeah...cuz making money is wrong huh....

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Yeah...cuz making money is wrong huh....

sent from my droid x while driving.....thank you tapatalk for making this possible

Making money is great.
Making money the wrong way is not.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

utoypia

Reaction score
someone make an app that masks the IP of whatever site youre visiting to show up as the facebook app... that way even if verizon was like "hmm this guy used 42 gigs of facebook.apk..lets give him a call" and you'd be like "get off my jock, i just like facebook a lot"

Now, that's* funny! "get off my jock, i just like facebook a lot"

Last edited by a moderator:

SniperDroid

Reaction score
Check Your Downloads...

That's all they have to do... Check your downloads. What? You don't download? Yes you do! I tethered for the first time two nights ago. My laptop then decided, all by itself to download a Windoze update while I was checking out the forums... I just couldn't understand why the pages were loading so slow:D. Or maybe you computer updates your subscription to Norton Anti Virus while you checking out the latest blog entries, or updating your facebook page....
They will find us... we WILL find another way! I spend over 150 dollars a month with Big Red, for 3 lines. Let them deal with it. dancedroid

jseah

Reaction score
The commercials say use Netflix and YouTube and all that.... I do. Now they want to charge me frivolous amounts? Native tech.

Just like the government. For years they emphasized driving 55, getting rid of our gas guzzlers and buy more fuel efficient cars, and implemented CAFE to force manufacturers to make more fuel efficient vehicles. Now they are saying that we are too fuel efficient. We're driving less because of the economy and with more fuel efficient cars, we are buying less gas so the tax revenues from gasoline has gone down. So now they want to look at taxing people based on how many miles they drive in addition to taxing people on the gas they buy.

patriot95

Reaction score
I only use the tether to get my Archos 70 and Transformer wifi so I can use GPS/Internet Radio in the car. It would be a shame if I lost that function. I imagine the root and do as you please method will always allow this.

davishusband

Reaction score
Just like the government. For years they emphasized driving 55, getting rid of our gas guzzlers and buy more fuel efficient cars, and implemented CAFE to force manufacturers to make more fuel efficient vehicles. Now they are saying that we are too fuel efficient. We're driving less because of the economy and with more fuel efficient cars, we are buying less gas so the tax revenues from gasoline has gone down. So now they want to look at taxing people based on how many miles they drive in addition to taxing people on the gas they buy.
nice comparison, verizon is kind of like the OPEC of data. I believe in the forseeable future they will be a monopoly.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
nice comparison, verizon is kind of like the OPEC of data. I believe in the forseeable future they will be a monopoly.

OPEC has nothing to do with the Price we pay at the pump... That's ALL American Company & Government Greed there. The only way to stop Verizon ( or any other Company) is to band together as consumers and demand more for our Dollar. Being complacent and taking the "roll me over the barrel" approach is going to get us ALL screwed. It's time the general consumer stood up against companies that show this level of Greed by refusing to take part in that particular offering or voicing their distaste for it to that company.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OPEC has nothing to do with the Price we pay at the pump... That's ALL American Company & Government Greed there. The only way to stop Verizon ( or any other Company) is to band together as consumers and demand more for our Dollar. Being complacent and taking the "roll me over the barrel" approach is going to get us ALL screwed. It's time the general consumer stood up against companies that show this level of Greed by refusing to take part in that particular offering or voicing their distaste for it to that company.

OPEC determines the price of oil, which determines the price of gasoline. Either way, you can speak to any foreigner and they'll agree that we have it much better than the majority of other countries. I paid $3.38 per gallon yesterday in Virginia, while you can take a look at the following link at prices around the world.

CNN/Money: Global gas prices

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

yep but unfortunately there are not enough people to band together to do something like that. We all pay or bill because we know if we don't that means no phone, obviously, so people for that reason alone will not stand up to these big corporations.

It's like those "let's do a 1 day gas protest" well guess what dummies, you all are going to need gas the next day and you now just upped demand causing gas to actually rise in prices. If you are going to do something like this, it needs to be BIG and it needs to last.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
OPEC determines the price of oil, which determines the price of gasoline. Either way, you can speak to any foreigner and they'll agree that we have it much better than the majority of other countries. I paid $3.38 per gallon yesterday in Virginia, while you can take a look at the following link at prices around the world.

CNN/Money: Global gas prices
No, OPEC does not determine price of oil. They control how much oil production per barrel is released per day.

darbs2U

Reaction score
Ok, I am not sure what this is> please expalin
What is unsanctioned tethering? can someone explain that?