Verizon phone upgrade question

Geofferson

Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that people can qualify for a phone upgrade every year with Verizon if they register for a 'MyVerizon' account. I can't seem to find the text anywhere that calls this out. Does anyone have any more information on this?

Obviously I'd like to upgrade every year (as appropriate) instead of every 2 years.

Thanks in advance.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that people can qualify for a phone upgrade every year with Verizon if they register for a 'MyVerizon' account. I can't seem to find the text anywhere that calls this out. Does anyone have any more information on this?

Obviously I'd like to upgrade every year (as appropriate) instead of every 2 years.

Thanks in advance.

It's called an annual upgrade. It's not the full discount, but your main number "should or "could" be eligible. Call and ask if you are eligible

comacase

Reaction score
You can upgrade every year if your plan is atleast 60 bucks a month or something. You do get the full discount minus a $20 early upgrade fee.

texasPI

Reaction score
Here's the text from VZW website:

You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

Link to the webpage: http://aboutus.vzw.com/customersatisfaction/customerexp.html

What it doesn't say is that this applies to the primary line only.

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't know

I didn't realize it was the full discount. i did know it was the primary line only. Thanks for pointing that out

ggp

Reaction score
Logically it would be the primary line only since the highest you can get a secondary line is on a Premium plan for $29.99.

Furthermore, $20 early upgrade fee is for most customers, but VIP customers don't have to pay that PLUS they get a $50 credit! (It "pays" to pay your bill on time and be on a plan over... I think... $59.99!) :D

OP
G

Geofferson

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt replies guys -- exactly what I was after. :)