[Verizon] Phone Upgrade/Discount availble -- what droid to buy?! RAZR or Galaxy Nexus

ksaul

Reaction score
I have been waiting very very patientlly for the Galaxy Nexus to upgrade to with my verizion upgrade discount, but with still no confirmed release date I might jump into the Droid Razr... what are you alls opinion on the two phones? They both use the same processor and memory so the speed comparison should be the same, but the RAZR has a better camera (and I use my phone for Video and Picture taking A LOT!)

Should I continue to wait, or go ahead and upgrade to the RAZR?? Help me decide!!

jcardona1

Reaction score
Me personally, it's Nexus followed by the Rezound. If I had only had the Razr and the Rezound to choose from, I'd go with the Rezound. It's camera is waaaay better than the Razr and it's display is much nicer too. My $0.02

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I would wait, rumor that there is another razr(s) in the pipeline[a white razr and razrmaxx(not 100% on the name)], the droid 4 is also close to being launched. Take your time, if you can play with the devices see how the feel

Check out droid-life, they always have great stuff concerning verizon android phones past present and future.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

grundyman

Reaction score
You've waited this long, you don't want to kick your self later for being impatient

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thread moved to General Discussions.

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
im very impatient and thinking about going with the RAZR and picking it up today - someone convince me to wait!!! :blink:

TheOldFart

Reaction score
im very impatient and thinking about going with the RAZR and picking it up today - someone convince me to wait!!! :blink:

It's completely up to you. I wouldn't want the Razr, but a lot of others do and probably love it. I decide by playing with the new phones at the Verizon store over several days so that I can let the advantages and disadvantages sink in. I also try to get as much info on the new ones that are not out yet and decide whether to wait or not. I've played with the Rezound and like it, but I'm waiting for the GN to decide. I would be enthused about the Droid 4, but not if it doesn't have a replaceable battery. I have swapped my extra battery in my Droid too many times while out of town to want a phone with a non replaceable battery. Same for the Razr.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Personally I'd wait until the Nexus drops to make your decision. I currently own the Droid RAZR and definitely recommend it. It's a solid performer and is very reliable. I have nothing but good things to say about it. With that said,I recommend you wait simply for the fact that you make an informed decision and purchase a device that YOU like. I will say if you don't want to wait and decide to purchase the RAZR it's a GREAT buy. You really can't go wrong with it.

Good luck!!!!

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
Where is the galaxy nexus!?!?!? I CANT WAIT ANY LONGERRRRR

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Word is the Nexus release is Dec. 15 now, but again that's a rumor.

I would personally wait til the 15th just to take my chances of seeing whether the Nexus comes out or not. You get a phone now and it does come out the 15th then you can still exchange it though.

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
Word is the Nexus release is Dec. 15 now, but again that's a rumor.

I would personally wait til the 15th just to take my chances of seeing whether the Nexus comes out or not. You get a phone now and it does come out the 15th then you can still exchange it though.

I went to the verizon store yesterday and asked the sales associate when the nexus is supposed to come out, and he said they have the promotional posters and were supposed to put them out on the 6th, but then were called and told to hold and not put them out until further notice (so they - or he at least - doesnt know when its supposed to come out). I wonder what the hell the problem is with it, it has me kind of worried of even getting it since there has been so many push backs for it. Maybe there is something terribly wrong with it - i mean they arent even advertising it... at all, its more of a "blog" phone.

I looked at the Rezound, but I am not a fan of HTC phones and the colors on the phone werent the best (compared to the Razr). Reading up on the Rezound its supposed to have the most PPI vs all the other phones out right now, and has many more then the Galaxy Nexus and Razr but the colors were dull

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
When is the holiday return extension? Jan 15th? I think next week if it isn't out I go with the RAZR, and if the Nexus comes out before the 15th I'll eat the $35 re-stock fee.