Verizon Paying Back 2-6 Dollars To Costumers After Lawsuit

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Verizon.jpg

It seems after this whole lawsuit thing, costumers that were effected by the Verizon data plan fiasco will get a little back from big red. In a statement posted on Verizon's site, they said most of the 15 million people that experienced the problem will get 2-6 dollars on their next bill or a check. Now if you don't know what the problem is, well it's basically people being charged data plan at $1.99-a-megabyte for not having a data plan, which is outrageous and most did not want all that.

"Verizon Wireless values our customer relationships and we always want to do the right thing for our customers," said Mary Coyne, deputy general counsel for Verizon Wireless. "The majority of the data sessions involved minor data exchanges caused by software built into their phones; others involved accessing the Web, which should not have incurred charges. We have addressed these issues to avoid unintended data charges in the future."

To be honest, I think this could not effect us in this forum because we all have a data plan, so we are good. Otherwise if it effects you, look out for that check coming soon, and now we all know Verizon is "very sad" about all this.

At the end of the day, think of how much this could have cost you if you had a Droid without a plan back then, and an app used the internet :D.

News Via: abcnews

Bishang

Reaction score
I used to not have a data plan and would accidentally turn on web all the time.. I was wondering why my bill was cheaper this month.. I think I got the whole $6 taken off.. but that doesn't cover all the times that has happened.. oh well lol.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon.jpg

To be honest, I think this could not effect us in this forum because we all have a data plan, so we are good. Otherwise if it effects you, look out for that check coming soon, and now we all know Verizon is "very sad" about all this.

At the end of the day, think of how much this could have cost you if you had a Droid without a plan back then, and an app used the internet :D.

News Via: abcnews

Perhaps you didn't see the part where they found people were getting charged for paid minutes when they were on weekends. Weekends are supposed to be unlimited and if you spend a great deal of time talking on the phone you could exceed your phone plan which means your bill could be substantially higher for being overcharged in minutes.

I think it could affect many people in this forum.

Droidguru

Reaction score
The people most affected are those with V-web on their "dumb" phones. Apparently when you put it in your pocket it would activate the web and charge you $1.99. Back then when you called to complain Verizon would say tough. And when you asked to have it deactivated Verizon said they could not do so. It looks like those two things didn't sit well with consumers and now Verizon has to pay the piper. Like the comments say if you have a smart phone you likely have a data plan and this doesn't affect you.