Verizon Outage west of Atlanta, GA...

Laurence5905

Reaction score
It seems that Verizon might have lost some of its network on the west-side of Atlanta today? That's where I live, and I've been having trouble making calls for about 6 hours now. It even took me 8 or 10 tries just to get it to dial *611. And when it finally went through, the call-quality was terrible -- I kept having to ask the tech-support guy to repeat himself because it kept breaking up...

And it's not my Droid that's causing the problem -- when I used my old VZ phone (which, even though it's not active, will still dial *611 just fine) I had the same connectivity issues -- took 8 or 10 times for the call to go through, and the call-quality was terrible. All the tests we ran on the Droid showed it was working fine, too...

Anyone else on the west-side of Atlanta having this trouble? Maybe it's just the one tower near my house, perhaps? (Haven't had to go anywhere else today, so it's possible it's just this one tower here...)

The wierdest thing is that the 3G stuff works great. I can browse the Internet on the phone just fine. But voice-calls have been terrible for the last 6 hours or so...

Verizon has put in a "trouble ticket," and they escalated it too. But even so, they're still saying it might be as long as 72 hours before something is done. Man, that sucks.

This is the first time I've ever had any kind of trouble like this with Verizon. Now I know how iPhone users feel. LOL

cpjr

Reaction score
I was visiting my dad on the west-siiiiiiide today actually, and service was completely fine. Then drove back to the east-siiiiiide and service was also fine.

PS- I also have an iphone and service is really just as good for the most part.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems that Verizon might have lost some of its network on the west-side of Atlanta today? That's where I live, and I've been having trouble making calls for about 6 hours now. It even took me 8 or 10 tries just to get it to dial *611. And when it finally went through, the call-quality was terrible -- I kept having to ask the tech-support guy to repeat himself because it kept breaking up...

And it's not my Droid that's causing the problem -- when I used my old VZ phone (which, even though it's not active, will still dial *611 just fine) I had the same connectivity issues -- took 8 or 10 times for the call to go through, and the call-quality was terrible. All the tests we ran on the Droid showed it was working fine, too...

Anyone else on the west-side of Atlanta having this trouble? Maybe it's just the one tower near my house, perhaps? (Haven't had to go anywhere else today, so it's possible it's just this one tower here...)

The wierdest thing is that the 3G stuff works great. I can browse the Internet on the phone just fine. But voice-calls have been terrible for the last 6 hours or so...

Verizon has put in a "trouble ticket," and they escalated it too. But even so, they're still saying it might be as long as 72 hours before something is done. Man, that sucks.

This is the first time I've ever had any kind of trouble like this with Verizon. Now I know how iPhone users feel. LOL

I recently had some problems with service but it was both my phone and my data. A service ticket was made up for me as well as a promise to call me back. I called after nothing changed in 48 hours and then told wait 72 hours. After that went by I called again. NY ticket seas with an engineer and they emailed the engineering with a promise to call me back once he or she returned their email. 96 hours after my original call the problem was fixed. Nobody called me with an explanation.

Good luck.

jamhamms

Reaction score
I work in Sandy Springs, at Johnson Ferry and Peachtree Dunwoody Road. My Thunderbolt changed from 4G to 1X around 330PM today. I came home around I285 on the west side, all the way to Hartsfield Airport. Continuously still 1X, at 830PM. Called *611, recording said "we know users in your area are having trouble". So, I'll just wait it out.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
No Thunderbolt here...but I am for sure having Voice issues...and I chalk it up to all the storms we are in the mist of....

I can browse on 3G signal fine, but no voice calls out, and any voice calls in go straight to voicemail without ringing the phone...hopefully it will be squared away later...