Verizon OTA Notification Question...

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
You don't need a "best all around tutorial" for this. It's easier than you think it is.

RSD Lite 4.7 and up will work just fine. Doesn't matter if it's updated to the latest version as long as it is 4.7 and up.

Follow these steps...

(credit to pc747)

Prerequisite: Must have the rsdlite program set up

Step 1: Boot into the bootloader, you do this by powering on and holding the physical up button on your keyboard. You should see a black screen with text that says battery: OK

Step 2: Plug is your usb cord into the computer you loaded the rsdlite file on

Step 3: Click on your rsdlite program. You need to run as an administrator, to do that hold shift key and right click on the rsdlite program (do that as you are about to open the program). Thanks Firesong3k for reminding me about that.

Step 4: Next to the file name text box in the rsdlite program are three little dots. Click on those dots and find the file Click on that file and then click start. Make sure you have a strong battery before flashing this is the one time you need to ensure your battery is ok to get through the process, because the program erases everything and re-flashes your phone.

Step 5: Wait for it to get to 100% and reboot your phone to the motorola "M" symbol first then unplug your device. While at the M take off the battery cover out and remove your battery. Wait for about 3 seconds and then reinstall your battery. Power on and hold the physical X key until you get to the triangle and !.

Step 6: on your physical keyboard push the search button to get into the recovery mode. From there you are going to wipe data/factory reset. AFter that is complete click reboot.

OP
CashClay

CashClay

Reaction score
Here we go...

The "good part" of this post is that I took the plunge, flashed the "Monster.zip", got Rooted Stock GB running on my phone last night. Spent a while playing around with it and thought to myself, "Ya know... I really am missing my Liberty ROM... I'm going to install Liberty Toolbox Donate and flash to Liberty GB. Did that by installing the Nightlies 0.7 via the Toolbox ROM manager. Instantly, I was loving it and thought I was in the clear. dancedroid Nope... it had issues. I would get a text message and go to look at the message, see the main messeging app screen for a split second, then it would go back to homescreen. Couldn't change wallpaper to anything other than the YellowStriped LGB default. So, I decided to try a clean install of the GB Leak back up that I had made right after flashing the Monster... :icon_eek: Wrong move. I am now unable to boot past the Liberty Fist Logo. I CAN get into Clock Rcovery and Stock Recovery, but cannot figure out how to resolve this. The humorous part is that after being tempted to get used to the SBF process, I made the choice to attempt to upgrade without having to SBF, and I think I've forced myself into having to...LOL. Unless anyone has any other ideas???

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can't you wipe and install liberty 0.7 again in cw? The 0.7 zip is in the liberty/nightlies folder on the sd so if you can get to cw, just flash lgb manually. I don't let the toolbox flash roms for me. I dont trust it. I've seen too many people get messed up there. Any ROM you dl from the toolbox are stored on the sd (liberty/nightlies)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
You can reinstall v.07 again with a data and cache wipe this time. Then go into Customizer, from the Liberty settings (menu softkey, settings, Liberty Settings). Then pick out the options.

Should work.

OP
CashClay

CashClay

Reaction score
Can't you wipe and install liberty 0.7 again in cw? The 0.7 zip is in the liberty/nightlies folder on the sd so if you can get to cw, just flash lgb manually. I don't let the toolbox flash roms for me. I dont trust it. I've seen too many people get messed up there. Any ROM you dl from the toolbox are stored on the sd (liberty/nightlies)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

I'm almost too ashamed to admit that I sat at work today, on my lunch, racking my brain on how to remedy my situation... just knowing I would beb F ing SBFing when I got home. SMH. Then I read your post and the light went off. Boy, did I noob out on this one. I'm so used to flashing directly off of the sd card without having to delve into any other folders, I never even considered the Liberty folder containing that zip file. I can't help but laugh at myself at this point. Presently I'm enjoying a little Gingerbread, Liberty style and have been reconfiguring alll afternoon. Thanks fellas.

Sent from my Liberated GB CashDroid2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha nice! Don't feel bad. I've pointed the same thing out to a couple other people earlier today. Glad you're up on dome gb!

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

AsrMatt

Reaction score
We all miss the obvious at some point or another due to overthinking the situation. I am on Liberty GB .5 and loving it. Need to upgrade to .7 but as sad as it is cannot spare the cash to buy the donate toolbox. Just happy to have Liberty at all. Many thanks to Team Liberty for all the hard work.