Verizon Officially Unveils 'More Everything' Plans - No Surprises Here

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-more-everything-plans-animated-graphic-feb-2014.png

Just as we "predicted" in our news leak from yesterday, Verizon just launched their new "More Everything" plans. There aren't really any surprises here; for the most part, everything we included in our report yesterday is simply confirmed. Ultimately, these are basically the same structure as the Share Everything Plans, but you simply get a bit more overall. Keep in mind, you basically need to already be on a Share Everything Data Plan now to even consider this. If still have one of their older grandfathered Unlimited plans, then this will probably not be worth your attention.

Here's the main breakdown:

Data: Simplified monthly data allowances that fit their family’s wireless needs. Some customers will see their data allowance doubled for the same monthly price they paid previously.
Verizon Edge: MORE Everything customers who choose Verizon Edge will also be eligible for $10 off monthly smartphone access for data allowances up to 8 GB, and $20 off monthly smartphone access on plans of 10 GB and higher.
Messaging: Unlimited international messaging will be added to unlimited domestic text, picture and video messaging.
Storage: Each MORE Everything line can use up to 25 GB (or up to 250 GB on a 10 line account) of cloud storage from Verizon Wireless, which means customers never lose a contact’s number, cherished photos of the once-in-a-lifetime vacation, or video from a school recital. Cloud storage also means important information is easily available whether devices are upgraded tomorrow or in two years.

It appears that Verizon has been dragged into the price wars whether they liked it or not. It also appears they aren't wading too deeply into these wars though. This is a minor blip compared to what T-Mobile, Sprint and even AT&T have been doing with their prices. What do you think?

Here's the link to Big Red's web landing spot for all the details on these new plans: More Everything Plan - Verizon Wireless

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Hmmmm. I was getting ready to jump to AT&T and their 10GB no contract plan. It would cost me $140 for three smartphone lines. I was gonna sell off my current VZW 2 grandfathered unlimited and dumphone lines. I just priced out a plan with this new program. If I sign up for Edge and do a 10GB plan I can get it for about $10 more than it would cost to jump to AT&T. Might not need 10GB but with Edge you get $20 off each line charge so that is saving $60 over the $30 it would for a 6-8GB plan. And I would also not have to worry about buying three new phones and losing my current numbers. Just have to buy one new smartphone. My gf was gonna get either the Moto X or Moto G anyway. Coming from an iPhoney 5.

jimmya

Reaction score
So how much would it be for 4 smartphones? Can i buy them outright? Thx

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How is this for an LOL...we have 4 lines (only sharing minutes):

- smartphone - unlimited data
- smartphone - 6GB data
- smartphone - 2GB data
- featurephone

When I logged in, the first thing I saw was, "if you switch to More Everything, you'll lose unlimited, BUT you can then buy 30GB instead!!!" Um...that's $225 FOR THE DATA ALONE. Think I'll pass on that offer (truthfully, our total data usage is around 5-6GB/month but it's the principle in this case!).

-Matt

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Hmmmm. I was getting ready to jump to AT&T and their 10GB no contract plan. It would cost me $140 for three smartphone lines. I was gonna sell off my current VZW 2 grandfathered unlimited and dumphone lines. I just priced out a plan with this new program. If I sign up for Edge and do a 10GB plan I can get it for about $10 more than it would cost to jump to AT&T. Might not need 10GB but with Edge you get $20 off each line charge so that is saving $60 over the $30 it would for a 6-8GB plan. And I would also not have to worry about buying three new phones and losing my current numbers. Just have to buy one new smartphone. My gf was gonna get either the Moto X or Moto G anyway. Coming from an iPhoney 5.

Where do you see the $20 off the Edge lines?
Nevermind, I see it.

Last edited:

skipbl92

Reaction score
I pay 130.17 for 2 smartphones. That price is with an employee discount and not including taxes & surcharges.

Phone 1: shares 700 minutes, 1000 texts & unlimited data.

Phone 2: shares 700 minutes, 1000 texts & 2GB data plan.

So going to the 3GB plan I save $4, but lose unlimited data.

Decisions, decisions!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Decisions, decisions!

But you gain the subsidized phone - in other words, to keep that unlimited data costs you @$15/mo. Now, that could be less if you don't upgrade every 2 years, or you buy cheaper used phones off EBAY.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well I went in and priced out a plan. Not even a consideration. If I join the Edge program they are gonna make me buy three new devices right off the bat. Can't bring my existing phones. So my bill will be around $220 for 3 smartphones with 10GB. Screw that. Oh well. AT&T here I come.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
I think we'd have to pay about $60 more a month....

It'd just be smart to stay w/the system we have in place where the dummy line doesn't get upgraded and we do a card shuffle in a sense...

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
This offer sounds awesome let me sign right up.

Lipstick on a pig VZW, come on you treat 15+ year customers like this?

THESHADOW1937

Reaction score
Garemlin why not check out T-Mobile they will pay you termination fees if you switch and their devices are good. I switched to T-Mobile six months ago and am very satisfied with that carrier.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I pay 130.17 for 2 smartphones. That price is with an employee discount and not including taxes & surcharges.

Phone 1: shares 700 minutes, 1000 texts & unlimited data.

Phone 2: shares 700 minutes, 1000 texts & 2GB data plan.

Decisions, decisions!
2 lines share 3GB data? I call that "living on the Edge." Oops, I made a pun...

-Matt

skipbl92

Reaction score
Originally I was just going to stick with my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, but the Moto UI blows! I can barely use the smartphone for smartphone purposes.

In regard to the AT&T pricing. You really need to read the article as the 10GB pricing for cheap is really for current customers. New customers are being forced onto their "Next" program. I called and inquired with them as I was about to make the jump. For 2 phones moving to AT&T would cost me $180 a month. Also I would have get new phones as my Verizon phones wouldn't work on AT&T's network (read the fine print!):

New Customers Can Switch and Save

Customers new to AT&T can get these best-ever prices on AT&T’s award-winning network when they sign up for a 10GB or larger bucket of data and purchase a phone with AT&T NextSM (no annual service contract and get a new device every year for $0 down) or bring their own device or purchase a phone at full retail price.

Here’s an example: Today, Verizon charges $260 monthly for a comparable plan that’s now $160 from AT&T. A family with four smartphones with unlimited talk and text, and a shared 10GB bucket of data, could switch to AT&T from Verizon and save $100 a month. In addition to the big monthly savings, the family in this example would get a $400 bill credit for the four smartphone lines of service added.4

Savings for Current AT&T Customers

Current AT&T customers can save big with these new plans, too, when they choose a 10GB or larger bucket of data. For example, a family or small business with four smartphones could move to this new plan and save between $40 and $100 per month, depending on their current plan.5

4. Savings: Compares 4 phones on AT&T Mobile Share® Value w/ no annual contracts to Verizon Share Everything®. Bill credit: offer ends 3/31/14. Must activate new postpaid wireless line. Must be in good standing for 45 days. Credit rec’d w/in 3 bills. Other charges & restr’s apply.

5. Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for NEXT, bring their own device or purchase a phone a full retail price in order to keep this plan