Verizon Officially Launches the 5-inch LG Intuition; Coming as Early as September 6th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-Intuition-Verizon.jpeg

Here's an official announcement that has us scratching our heads a bit. Verizon just officially announced the LG Intuition, which is the U.S. version of the 5-Inch LG Optimus Vu. This is the one that we have shared several pics of previously, that most folks perceive as a bit of a monstrosity. Still, if you were looking for a much larger phone than the typical fair, then this could be worth a second look for you. The phone will be available online on September 6th, and will hit Verizon retail on the 10th. Here's a spec breakdown followed by the press release,
  • 5" 4:3 display (4:3 display is very "old school" but should be great for folks with vision problems.)
  • 1.5Ghz dual-core Snapdragon processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8MP rear shooter
  • 1.3MP front camera
  • Android 4.0
  • "the device will also ship with a "pen" of sorts, called the Rubberdium pen, which is basically just a standard stylus."
The phone will be available on contract for $199.99.

4G LTE Connectivity and a Tablet-Like Experience on Vivid 5-Inch True HD Display
BASKING RIDGE and ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. – Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics USA today announced the Intuition by LG, a next-generation device that offers the full functionality of a smartphone and a tablet all in one slim, pocket friendly device. The Intuition by LG, exclusively for Verizon Wireless, will be available online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless starting Sept. 6 and will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Sept. 10 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. The Intuition’s innovative design and features let customers record their most creative ideas while also staying productive, all in one device. Customers will also have access to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, which covers more than 75 percent of the U.S. population and will soon be available in more than 400 markets nationwide.
LG’s 5-inch display with high-definition detail gives customers a premium viewing experience with exceptionally sharp detail, and the 4:3 aspect ratio makes it ideal for reading e-books, watching videos, Web browsing and reviewing presentations. The Intuition features the Polaris® Office app, allowing customers to view, create, edit and share documents, spreadsheets and presentations right on the Intuition’s large display and can even organize files by category or folder.
The QuickMemo™ app can be used with a single press of a button and allows customers to draw or write messages with the included Rubberdium™ pen or with their finger on just about any screen. Add a personalized handwritten note to pictures, maps, websites and easily share with friends through text messages, social media, email and more. Customers can even pick different colors and pen types to help further customize their notes.
The Intuition also features the LG Tag+ app and two reprogrammable NFC (Near Field Communications) stickers that can be used to create and switch between different phone modes with a single tap. For example, the stickers can be posted onto an office door or bedroom nightstand and customers simply tap the NFC sticker with their phone to activate a mode and tap it again to return to their original settings. The different modes are customizable and include Car Mode, Office Mode, Sleep Mode and User Mode. Settings like Bluetooth®, GPS, Wi-Fi and more can be turned on or off by tapping the back of the Intuition on an LG Tag+ sticker.
Additional Features:
· 5-inch display with high-definition detail
o 4:3 aspect ratio to fully use the screen size and eliminate dead space
o 650 NIT display provides excellent legibility and sharp details even in direct sunlight
· The Notebook app turns the Intuition into a virtual notepad for creating documents which, can include text, drawings, images, annotations, video and voice clips
· Business ready with enterprise grade security, corporate data encryption with Data-at-Rest Encryption (DARE), secure multi-headed VPN for corporate network connections, remote wipe capability and more
· Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible so customers can watch movie trailers, download audio books, shopping and more
· 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and 1080p HD video recording
· 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera for video chatting
· Enhanced camera features include voice commands to take a picture, continuous shot to take 6 shots with one tap and panorama shot to merge horizontal shots.
· Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
· 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM
· Mobile Hotspot – Share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
· Bluetooth®Version 3.0 + HS
· SmartShare – Share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices
Pricing and Availability:
· Intuition by LG will be available online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless starting Sept. 6 and will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores starting Sept. 10 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· As an online only promotion, customers who purchase Intuition by LG atwww.verizonwireless.com between Sept. 6 and Sept. 10 will also receive a LG Tone Stereo Bluetooth® headset at no additional cost
· Customers purchasing the Intuition by LG will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless data plan. Share Everything Plans allow customers to add Intuition by LG to their account for $40 monthly access. For additional information, customers should go to www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything
· For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
tumblr_m7kvaqQluI1qfy88jo5_r1_250.gif

If Verizon passes on the Note 2 for this atrocity, I may just crap my pants in frustration.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One spec to consider no matter the size; made by LG

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
At least this bodes well for the possiblity of the LG Optimus 4 coming to VZ.

huskur

Reaction score
5" phone?
Just get a 7in tablet and make it a phone!

Good idea! I wish my nexus 7 made phone calls! That would be perfect!!

If VZW gets the nod to put the Note II on their network it will be a done deal.....people are loving the "phablet"

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Good idea! I wish my nexus 7 made phone calls! That would be perfect!!

If VZW gets the nod to put the Note II on their network it will be a done deal.....people are loving the "phablet"

It can :happy3:

edit:

maybe, I don't know. I think it can.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
5" phone?
Just get a 7in tablet and make it a phone!

That would be pretty funny watching someone holding a 7" tablet up to their ear to talk on it. Even more funny that seeing it hanging out of a pants pocket. Too bad this is from LG. They used to make great phones, but I'm not too sure about their smartphones.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with this phone, why is it inferior to the Note II ?

4:3 aspect ratio doesn't match up with modern HD monitor or movie aspect ratios, non-disclosed resolution "high-definition" display, dual core versus quadcore, non-current Snapdragon chipset (if it were a Krait chipset, I'm sure they'd mention that) versus Exynos chipset, half the memory of the Note 2, rubber "dumb" stylus versus Waycom "smart" stylus, basically everything about this phone screams to me that it is for people who don't know anything about technology but want a bigger screen phone.

And that's fine as many phone owners know nothing about the specs on their phones except that this phone's specs, as listed, don't hold a candle to the Note 2's specs. Granted, if the Note 2 comes to Verizon, there's no guarantee it will have the quadcore even though the quadcore Exynos in the Note 2 is listed as LTE-compatible. However, if Verizon passes on the Note 2 because they have this phone, I'll be very frustrated. :mad:

At least, that's how I see the two.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
What is wrong with this phone, why is it inferior to the Note II ?

For my use, nothing. However, if you want to play games and/or watch HD movies on it then the Note 2 is much better. I don't do either. For the apps that I use and web surfing, I think that a 4:3 screen is better than a HD size screen. HD is great on my home desktop at 1920 x 1080, but with a small phone screen, I would rather have a 4:3 screen. My problem is that I have not been very excited by the various LG smartphones. My wife liked her Ally, but it had a couple of problems that were significant that my Droid didn't have. I know that was generations ago, but I'm a little leery.