Verizon Officially Announces the Nokia Lumia 928

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by cereal killer, May 10, 2013.

1. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,447
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge
    I've seen a few 928s go for about $150 around my area...so very tempted to pick one up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. indee2025

indee2025 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Not an app whore here either, I keep on the device what I use nearly daily and nothing else, use my device mostly for loading up shows/movies for when I'm on the go, texting, directions/maps, random google (i guess now bing) searches for answers to things I need to know etc.

My biggest complaint about Android was how some apps that are cross platform just function poorly on my droid. App looks good on iOS but looks or works terrible on android OS. It's good to know the cross platform apps I use a lot such as ebay are good to go on WP8.

That's a lot of good info, especially regarding the Lumia line...I was not aware...I could go for a 928 or the icon but I'm really liking the look and feel of the 8X. I'll have to give that some thought as support is important.

I did hear about 8.1 and cortana so that will be nice. IT seems as if WP has come a long way so I think it's time to feel that OS out for a bit. Thanks again for the info.
    If anyone has anything else to add, pros or cons, let me know.

3. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,464
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    HERE Maps, HERE Drive + (Navigation apps) and Local Scout (uses camera to look around whats near you--malls, restaurants etc) on WP8 are AWESOME.

I like the speed alerts when using HERE Drive+. You can turn them off or customize them to alert you when you're going over the speed limit or 5, 10 etc miles over it. I also like the ability to download State specific maps and not need to turn on GPS to get directions to places. I like the navigation features with these apps (HERE). You can do some very cool things with them.

You won't get turn-by-turn directions mind you but you'll get the route.

4. indee2025

indee2025 Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I heard you can download the maps for offline usage so that's a plus provided it's a true statement.

Search tags for this page
another os on nokia lumia
cerealkiller
cortana for verizon lumia 928
cortana lumia 928
cortana update for nokia lumia 928 verizon
good apps nokia lumia 928
how to change my nokia 928 windows verizon phone into prepaid

lumia cyan update for nokia 928 for verizon

when will lumia cyan be released for lumia 928

will 928 get cortana