Verizon official update 5.5.893 Fails to Install

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
Verizon sent me the 5.5.893 update this morning. From what I understand this is a couple versions past. However it fails to install. Phone is rooted and has the wireless teher hack. The one where you use the actual verizon hotspot. I am assuming it is not installing because of these things. Does this mean I have to wipe everything and start over? That would be kind of a pain. Any way around this or advice on how to go about it would be greatly appreciated.

kylo77

Reaction score
Did you load any of the leaks? If so that is what is failing the install.

OP
S

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
No leak installs. I'm still on 5.5.886 that it came with. I did however uninstall tons of bloat crap. Remembering which ones exactly and reinstalling them all manually is out of the question. It would be easier to just format if you can consider that easy. Wouldn't a rom with the update already slipstreamed in work? Sorry but my thinking is definitely PC based lol

OP
S

SpeedDMN

Reaction score
Ok finally got it to work though pretty much the hard way. It's interesting the things it keeps in the firmware like my router WPA code for example. I did the 4ever root method then the update worked of course with a wiped phone. I backed up any of the apps i cared about and they are reinstalled fine. The phone does seem to shift in and out of 3G/4G pretty seamlessly now. If the camera is any better I don't think I would have noticed. I'm just glad the root held. That would suck to be locked out of.

zeesmom

Reaction score
I just wanted to note: my Bionic is 4ever rooted with frozen bloatware. The update dl'ed and installed without incident (2 days ago). I didn't change anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wmfb

Reaction score
This is the last straw from Motorola and Verizon….you buy the Bionic at the full price when it’s released based on the advertising and hype from both of them…you pay full price and get garbage and a phone that doesn’t do what it is supposedly was advertised to do, and suffer through the months of aggravation with the device…then the update comes out…..which they selectively let out to who ever they want or what ever method they desire…..Motorola denies that it is out because it isn’t confirmed on their website….Verizon tells that Motorola is doing the upgrade…etc..etc..etc. and one lies and the other swears to it. Then they supposedly fix it….I don’t know because mine is not working yet, and then they drop the price….isn’t there any Justice????