Verizon offering to replace with Rezound. Thoughts?

thalador

Reaction score
Hey folks. Due to the fact that my bionic has been useless before and even more so after the 5.5.893 update as far as data goes VZW offered to swap my bionic for a rezound. It looks like a good, comparable phone. Thoughts?

305rev305

Reaction score
Don't even think about it...! The ReZound is neck and neck with the Nexus, it might be even better although you get the bloat. Just read the reviews...

Reaction score
Jump on it. I think I am going to do the same thing. My wife has a rezound, and man is it fast. not a lot of dev support, but this is a clean experience. screen transitions, animations and general operations are the smoothest i have ever used. Compared it to the nexus the other day at the store, and honestly I love the look of ics but the phone just doesn't compare to the rezound. if they are offering it, i'd take it.

rasaun87

Reaction score
Take it. No questions asked.

sent from my bio... err rezo... err Galaxy Nexus. using vanilla android.

OP
T

thalador

Reaction score
On the phone now to get it swapped out. Hopefully I won't regret it.

Batman8

Reaction score
The Rezound seems like a nice device but I think it also comes down to a personal preference as well. Like, have you looked into any bugs that the Rezound may be experiencing (since almost all new phones have them, and the Bionic is in the process of getting our bugs finally worked out)? Can it be rooted in order to take advantage of certain apps that require root?

Also think about the accessories that you may like to use (e.g. HD media docks, extra battery cradles, webtop apps, lapdocks, etc.) to make sure the Rezound has everything you may want before giving up your Bionic which has these accessories already.

Just some things to consider before rushing into a decision right away...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I personally don't like the rezound. I'd try to get a nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Now that the above mentions it, he has a great couple of points. Thanks. I still don't think you would be disappointed with the rezound, but see if you have multiple options. did they tell you this phone was your only option?

rasaun87

Reaction score
I had the bionic, rezound, and nexus. The nexus is my favorite phone can't even lie. But functionality wise, the rezound is the most dependable. It never had connection issues, it always worked. The screen is a lil dim, beautiful but dim. And sense is nice to me. I like to rom and all that, so that's the ONLY reason I ditched it for the nexus. But it is the MOST functional of all the phones. Best radio, best camera, second best screen, really good build, and free 100$ headphones. GREAT PHONE.

sent from my bio... err rezo... err Galaxy Nexus. using vanilla android.

williamtv3

Reaction score
No question! I love my rezound. HTC's sense is great! Very different from the Blur the Blur from what I hear. This is the best smartphone with the best all around features out in my opinion!