Verizon Offering the HTC Rezound 4G LTE for FREE On Contract (Limited Time Only)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-rezound-free-vzw-jan2013.png

Although the HTC Rezound is now more than a year old, it could still be considered one of the better quality phones of 2011-2012. That makes this new deal at Verizon pretty sweet for some. For a limited time only you can grab the HTC Rezound with a new Verizon contract for the grand price of zero dollars. That's right... they are giving away the phone when you sign up for a new contract for FREE. Of course, for those who want to keep their grandfathered unlimited data plans, this deal (as any new contract deal) is a "no-go." Still, if this is not an issue for you and you need to save a buck or two instead of waiting to buy the latest piece of tech to come out of CES next week, then this deal could fit your priorities.

It's sometimes easy to dismiss older tech, but in this instance, the device is still worth a second look, especially with no money coming out of your wallet for it. Here's a recap of specs:
  • 4.3-incher S-LCD display with 1,280 x 720 pixels resolution
  • Dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8660 Snapdragon CPU
  • 8 MP rear-facing snapper
  • 4G LTE
  • 16 GB of internal memory
  • A microSD slot
Here's a link below to Big Red in case you want to take advantage of this offer.

Source: VZW

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
It would be nice if they lowered the off contract price. $649?

woosung

Reaction score
On the bottom right of the website where it says "Rather get this deal in-store?", click on the "+Get Offer code now" link. Type in your email and they send you a coupon to get this free in stores. The expiration on the coupon says 1/31 so this offer will probably last until this month unless they keep this a free phone afterward.

This gives everyone plenty of time to wait until January 8-11 for CES 2013 to see if they would rather pay a little extra for something more out-of the ordinary. If nothing appealing is announced then happy sales, I suppose.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
My wife has my old Dinc2 so this is very tempting. Her contract just ended last month. I still have until next Dec. I'm trying to hold out and maybe leave VZ depending on who has what deals at that time and her phone is still going strong so maybe I'll wait.