Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Verizon Now has 4G, AT&T Doesn’t

On 11.17.10, In News, by Kellex

Oh no they didn’t! Verizon just started the 4G battle exactly where they left off the 3G battle, by crushing AT&T with a map. With their 4G LTE network kicking off in the next week or so,VZW is likely priming a new campaign to let everyone know in the nicest of fashions I’m sure.
Via: Twitter

b101189

Reaction score
4g ?

4g for verizon sounds exciting I suppose, hopefully they don't overly focus on the speed and forget about reception, doubtful to happen with what towers are in place though

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its all good and everything but...only one its only going to launch in about 40 cities and airports nation wide so Verizon's 4G coverage only network map will look like AT&T's 3G network map, if that.
I want 4G too. :mad: I wish Detroit metro area was a launch city.

billydakidd66

Reaction score
How do you no if your city is part of the launch? Werez the phones? Cant wait!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just saw this at work earlier and was wondering how long it would be before it showed up here! Haha!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
"Congratulations! 4G will launch in your area by the end of 2010."

Cool. One question. Will an upgrade occur so the X will have 4g capability, or you need to buy a new 4g phone?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You'll need a new device

Cool. One question. Will an upgrade occur so the X will have 4g capability, or you need to buy a new 4g phone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The X does not have an LTE radio built in. So you will need a new device.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
First 4G Verizon models coming in February, new data plans on the horizon

First 4G Verizon models coming in February, new data plans on the horizon

Posted: 4 hours ago
Categories: Verizon

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Firs...ew-data-plans-on-the-horizon_id14747/comments
First-4G-Verizon-models-coming-in-February-new-data-plans-on-the-horizon.jpg

A few hours ago we told you that Verizon has put signs in its stores proclaiming that Big Red has the "fastest 4G network in America". For the present, that didn't make much sense, since it's all fine and well to have a so-called "4G" network, but it's not of any use as it is neither in operation, nor the Verizon-branded LTE-enabled handsets are in the hands of the end consumer. Of course, such campaigns are not a vice peculiar to Verizon, but rather this is the nature of the smartphone game.

It was only a matter of hours after this campaign started that the largest US carrier made a new, more important announcement – that the first 4G-enabled Verizon models are coming in February. These yet unnamed devices are set to be unveiled at CES (Consumer Electronic Show) in January. It's even more interesting how the price structure will change in the LTE(-Advanced) age. Verizon is planning to move into a tiered pricing structure, but that doesn't necessary mean this is the end of the unlimited data plans. Rather, different plans would be priced according to what speed and data consumption they offer, much like how wired internet service plans are formed. Verizon Chief Financial Officer Fran Shammo's words on the topic are:

"If you want to pay for less speed, you'll pay for less speed and consume more, or you can pay for high speed and consume less."

Mobile devices' data consumption is set to explode and Ivan Seidenberg, CEO of Verizon, said that he expects the share of data consuming users to be around 75% in 2014 compared to the present 23%. He added that by 2016-2017, 30% of all Verizon subscribers are expected to use a gigabyte per month. For more statistics on LTE data consumption, check out what the Swedish operator TeliaSonera has to say on the subject.

Verizon's LTE network is expected to deliver speeds between 1 and 12 megabits – and it's the understatement of the year to say that there is a massive difference between these speeds. This news means that the 4G landscape in the US is set to change, so tell us what perspectives the upcoming LTE-enabled Verizon phones bring to you.

source: WSJ

joeybarclay

Reaction score

While I was at a Verizon store I heard someone asking if he will have to buy a new phone to get 4g (he had a X) the worker there said that he would not have to buy a new phone.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

While I was at a Verizon store I heard someone asking if he will have to buy a new phone to get 4g (he had a X) the worker there said that he would not have to buy a new phone.

They lied.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You might have misinterpreted. She may have been asking if she would need to buy a new device when 4g rolled out as in if she would no longer be able to access the 3g network and be forced to buy a 4g phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App