Verizon not able to preorder my galaxy s3? -not eligible for upgrade

brock

Reaction score
Hmmm, was anybody who is not eligible for an upgrade able to call verizon and get them to preorder the galaxy s3 for them? I called and they said they wouldn't be able to preorder it because I am not eligible yet and that they would have to call me after the 28th (how convenient) to get me my phone. Anybody else have this issue?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Just keep calling back and ask to talk to their supervisor. If they say no hang up and try again someone will give you a early up grade

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
They are not obligated to give anyone an early upgrade. Sometime they do grant them but it is on a case by case basis. One option is if you are close to the end of your contract tell them you want to cancel service and they will transfer you to the retention department. Retention has more authority to make deals and bump upgrade dates than CS.

OP
B

brock

Reaction score
They pushed up my upgrade they just said they wouldn't be able to preorder the device. I was just wondering if anyone else had been told that.

geoff5093

Reaction score
For those that got an early upgrade, how close were you to your scheduled upgrade? I'm not eligible until November.

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I got 3 early upgrades
1 October 2012
2 march 2013
3 December 2013

The one in December was because I was having problems with my nexus so they offered me a early upgrade. They first offered me a razor maxx but I already had one that I payed full price for.

OP
B

brock

Reaction score
Lol nah. I currently have an iPhone 4s and the battery life is so damn sporadic. I told them in a polite way that I was very annoyed by this and if they would please move my upgrade up a few months.