Verizon no longer allows Facebook text updates on the DX?

bran-bran

Reaction score
hey guys... well i just tried it and i sent my text and it worked perfectly fine like nothing was ever wrong... all i have done was waited a few weeks without messing with it and i just tried it and got it soo yeah no special way or anything
just thought i would tell you guys, and yes i am on verizon and i have the droid 2

Broseidon

Reaction score
I tried again just now too, and I think it's just that they finally fixed the problem. I've been trying almost daily since the issue came up, have never waited for more than maybe 2 days, so it looks like Facebook finally realized they screwed something up lol

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hey guys... well i just tried it and i sent my text and it worked perfectly fine like nothing was ever wrong... all i have done was waited a few weeks without messing with it and i just tried it and got it soo yeah no special way or anything
just thought i would tell you guys, and yes i am on verizon and i have the droid 2

I tried again just now too, and I think it's just that they finally fixed the problem. I've been trying almost daily since the issue came up, have never waited for more than maybe 2 days, so it looks like Facebook finally realized they screwed something up lol

Thanks for posting guys. I've been busy and haven't had time to check back on this thread until now, but I tried it again this past Sunday night just for sh*ts and giggles and low and behold, 5 seconds later, I got a confirmation code.
I was really happy about it because I had just done a full SBF reset and figured, why not?
It felt like a really long time. I almost forgot about it. But definitely glad to see it's working again :)

Anyone else try to re-confirm?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
mine always allows me to confirm but randomly decides to not text me whenever it feels like it for updates and whatnot. no idea what's behind the issue, worked great till my first rom switch a while ago and never again after that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bhanchin

Reaction score
My notifications are working fine. The problem I am having is with my sms notifications. I use the DROID 2 with Verizon. I had set up my notifications where you "activate" facebook mobile by texting "F" to 32665 and it sends you a code. So I decided to delete my number from the mobile site and resend the text. Well that was a mistake because before I could update my status through sms, I was just not receiving my top friends status updates....now totally nothing....I found this thread in FB help...doesn't really help though. Any suggestions?

cant get sms to my phone | Facebook
There may be a block on your Verizen account to "block premium text messages". This will block all texts sent from short SMS text addresses sources (no text will be recieved except texts from 10-digit phone numbers with this block). i had this block added because i recieved a scam text from deelbot.com that cost me $9.99 for one premium text msg. (goto smswatchdog.com and enter 5-digit SMS code '47284' to see more about the deelbot scam)

DivineWrath

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm wondering if you have been having any more problems with SMS updates recently? Both my phone and my fiancés iPhone have been having problems getting the full status updates. It used to be the full status (160 or less) or it would give me the option to have rest in another message. Nowadays when I get status updates via SMS it's barely half of the actual update. Any one have any ideas?

toolstosell

Reaction score
Mine does that too, every few days I have to go into my Fb settings and turn back on the notifaction.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums