Verizon no longer allows Facebook text updates on the DX?

freaksnail

Reaction score
Any response from them about this "middle man" and what can be done about it?

I talked to the same tech. rep again earlier today. I guess now a bunch of people have called and complained about it. It's purely a Facebook issue. During the last couple days I've been asking other friends on other carriers and they are starting to have the issue as well. So it looks like it's out of our hands.
Probably the worst part about it is that there is no real way for us to contact Facebook about the issue. A bunch of people have posted questions on the FB forums and nobody seems to have an answer on how to get ahold of whoever needs to be contacted about the issue. All you have is some generic response from FB.
So I guess unless somebody knows a personal contact at FB...this won't get resolved any time soon.

Thanks for all the info. Question..im sure its in the forum....but what does "rooting my droid 2" mean...."Rooting".....I'm about a 7.5 on the techno side....but I am slow at some things.

VZ4G3NT

Reaction score
Well if email still works have gmail text you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

knathdrak

Reaction score
Well if email still works have gmail text you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

That only solved part of it. I also have friends that I follow via SMS. So that I get their status updates as texts without having to always search through the news. That cant be done via email only text....

lekamarie

Reaction score
Facebook Text

I had a blackberry and got a Droid 2 Global for Christmas. I still recieve the text messages but I cannot comment or "like". I thought maybe I needed to redo my mobile setup on FB so I deleted my mobile phone last night and redid the confirmation. I didn't receive the confirmation code until I did a 2nd text to 32655. However, my comments and "likes" still are not working. I think it has to be a Droid and/or Motorola issue since it worked fine before I switched phones? I uninstalled the Facebook application and got no where. I wonder if it is because we have the account setup on the phone accounts? Anyone know of anyone having this problem outside of Droid?

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had a blackberry and got a Droid 2 Global for Christmas. I still recieve the text messages but I cannot comment or "like". I thought maybe I needed to redo my mobile setup on FB so I deleted my mobile phone last night and redid the confirmation. I didn't receive the confirmation code until I did a 2nd text to 32655. However, my comments and "likes" still are not working. I think it has to be a Droid and/or Motorola issue since it worked fine before I switched phones? I uninstalled the Facebook application and got no where. I wonder if it is because we have the account setup on the phone accounts? Anyone know of anyone having this problem outside of Droid?
It's not a phone/carrier issue. Strictly a Facebook problem. I've asked a bunch of my friends. Some with Blackberrys. Some with all kinds of Android phone. Even some on non-smartphones. And a mix of all those on all carriers.
Some are getting them some are not. With that kind of response it can only be a Facebook issue. Unless there is some mass hacking conspiracy happening, we'll simply have to wait for Facebook to resolve the issue.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is/was an issue with hack/facebook and "911 texts" ... I received a few.

Yup. My g/f has been getting them for a few days now too. Something is definitely screwy on the FB servers as of lately.

QWKSUV

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Droid X, after the last update I got notified on my Droid X of status updates quicker then it actually showed up on FB itself and sorta got to the point of annoying because my phone went off ALL DAY (yeah I know we asked for it..HEHE) but about the same time you did I just quit getting them, every now and then I will get an email notification with a FB update but not all of them.

Soni

Reaction score
There is/was an issue with hack/facebook and "911 texts" ... I received a few.

Yup. My g/f has been getting them for a few days now too. Something is definitely screwy on the FB servers as of lately.

Hello all, stumbled upon this forum while Googling to find out if anyone else has been having problems with FB and their sms notifications, saw your, carlz28, reference to this thread via another thread here on the boards. My apologies that it's not Droid related, but it may be relevant to the topic nonetheless, because it seems this FB issue is spreading.

I'm in Canada on the Rogers/Fido network and on a non Droid phone and as of today no notifications were being received at all. If fact no confirmation code has been sent while trying to reset the phone.

The problem of spasmodic notifications started happening about a week ago, and I made sure to contact my carrier beforehand because I knew of the problems others, esp in the US and on Verizon were experiencing. My carrier looked into it and it was not coming from their end. As well I have unlimited sending and receiving sms as part of my package and nothing has changed.

And as I mentioned, today, there were NO notifications what so ever and after removing the mobile # and following the steps towards resetting, NO confirmation code is being sent to me to reactivate it.

I went to the FB mobile "Help Center", as well as onto the FB mobile FaceBook page and there are many others (as far as New Zealand) experiencing the same problem. And of course, the generic form onto which problems can be reported, just sends an 'auto' email saying if all else fails contact the carrier, which (given the scope of the problem), we can all tell is b.s

There was a report Tweeted a few days ago that apparently Zuckerberg's FB fan page was hacked recently. Not sure if this entire crack down has to do with that a/o if it's an extension of that. But something it definitely 'rotten' in the mobile state of FB.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have the same issue with my Droid X, after the last update I got notified on my Droid X of status updates quicker then it actually showed up on FB itself and sorta got to the point of annoying because my phone went off ALL DAY (yeah I know we asked for it..HEHE) but about the same time you did I just quit getting them, every now and then I will get an email notification with a FB update but not all of them.

You're right. I got some sms notifications faster than being notified even if I was logged into FB on a PC lol. It did become a bit of a pain in the butt, but you're right again, we asked for it haha.
I'll definitely keep trying to find out more infomation on this topic and post any updates!

QWKSUV

Reaction score
We had an hour or so wait at dinner last night so I went to the Market to play some games and what do you know a FB for Android update was there, I guess I did not have the automatic update checked off, did the update made a FB post and bam instantly got status reply updates on my Droid X...holding out for a standing ovation to see if its hit or miss.

OP
carlz28

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
We had an hour or so wait at dinner last night so I went to the Market to play some games and what do you know a FB for Android update was there, I guess I did not have the automatic update checked off, did the update made a FB post and bam instantly got status reply updates on my Droid X...holding out for a standing ovation to see if its hit or miss.

If you mean from the FB app, thats always worked for me....the notification updates. Well, it's hit or miss. Sometimes I get them, sometimes not.
I'm waiting for FB to fix the actual text/sms notifications.

Broseidon

Reaction score
Hey all, just thought I'd drop in and give another confirmation that it isn't just certain phones or carriers. I'm on Verizon, unlimited texting (so it's not like a limit issue), and I have an LG enV (the original lol). The timing was off quite a bit for the most part when I had the texting notifications, but it was still very effective, especially when I wasn't near a computer to check instantly. However a few weeks ago I stopped getting notifications from Facebook as texts, I removed my number from my profile in an attempt to reset it. Tried to get a code, and never received a single one. I've probably tried to a dozen times a day. They need to get this fixed. :/

knathdrak

Reaction score
Hey all, just thought I'd drop in and give another confirmation that it isn't just certain phones or carriers. I'm on Verizon, unlimited texting (so it's not like a limit issue), and I have an LG enV (the original lol). The timing was off quite a bit for the most part when I had the texting notifications, but it was still very effective, especially when I wasn't near a computer to check instantly. However a few weeks ago I stopped getting notifications from Facebook as texts, I removed my number from my profile in an attempt to reset it. Tried to get a code, and never received a single one. I've probably tried to a dozen times a day. They need to get this fixed. :/

Thats EXACTLY my problem as well, and I'm on a Droid original.
Its not specific to a certain type of phone or carrier, it's a problem with Face Book and their servers. All I can suggest is that we all keep putting in problem tickets with Face Book so that they are more aware of the problem and start trying to fix it hopefully....

Broseidon

Reaction score

Thats EXACTLY my problem as well, and I'm on a Droid original.
Its not specific to a certain type of phone or carrier, it's a problem with Face Book and their servers. All I can suggest is that we all keep putting in problem tickets with Face Book so that they are more aware of the problem and start trying to fix it hopefully....

Man... and to think I actually spent time and money seeing Zuckerberg's life story in theaters :( I mean, it was a good movie... but c'mon...