Verizon network STILL dropping

ripper2860

Reaction score
Hmmmmm. Slow but reliable 3G or fast and unreliable 4G?? That's a tough one.

Ya know what??? These "network" issues didn't start til VZ got the iPhone. I suspect part of the Apple/VZ agreement specified that for a period of time VZ had to cripple the 4G network and phones in order to make iPhone look like a better phone. :blink:

It's a CONSPIRACY!!!!

Last edited:

jughead75

Reaction score
Also out in Jersey. Bionic keeps loosing 4g. Toggling airplane mode gets me back but 3G only. My Xoom is 4G (sent it back for 4G upgrade) and doesn't have this problem with loosing 4g!?!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

nicelysedated

Reaction score
Just called Verizon and told them i'm not keen on paying them for data that goes out 3 times a week. Was refunded a months data charge with no questions asked.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ktranger

Reaction score
Issues with both 3g and 4g in Colorado Springs... way to go Verizon. :mad:

Ralph

nickmind

Reaction score
I wonder how much is location. In San Diego, CA, 4G is rock solid (once I leave the house); good enough to stream a movie via Netflix onto my parent's TV.

I'm on .901, but 4G has been like that since I got the phone in September.

I'm in SD myself. Right now, I have no 4G at all. I been having these problems for a week or so now. As of this sec, i just got 3G active. Normally, If I don't have 4G, I have nothing.

I have a question, about wifi. I notice sometimes I can't even get wifi to work on my Bionic. I go into and out off Airplane mode, to get service again. Has anyone seen this problem too?

BTW, the guy talking about going to AT&T. If you think AT&T is the solution, then you have some problems. And your 4G connection is not one of then. AT&T sucks!

nateohio

Reaction score
ATT is decent WHERE they have adequate coverage. Which is only about 10 % of the country, if that.

Their CS isn't bad though.

firefighterwise

Reaction score
Got problems in Arkansas too. Been in and out here all day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

lowcel

Reaction score
ATT is decent WHERE they have adequate coverage. Which is only about 10 % of the country, if that.

Their CS isn't bad though.

They actually have better coverage than Verizon in WV. I downgraded my coverage area to go with the 4g.

nickmind

Reaction score
Hey Guys, CS in America sucks ass! Everywhere you go. Go onto AT&T forums or the like, and you will hear the reverse. Point is, Verizon is the first NETWORK! AT&T has no wireless Network, they have wireless services in some areas, and then rent services from other wireless companies. 3G service has been Rock Hard for years, AT&T can not say the same thing. 4G-LTE will be the same as 3G was, because VW is working on there own Network to get that service Rock Hard solid as well.

I buy a phone to work with wireless service, not Customer Service. And when your not having problems, you are not even talking to Customer service. And when you have Verizon, you have no problems. So who needs Customer Service? Except when your getting your new phone a year from now!

So go back to AT&T and their GREAT (so called) Customer Service, so you can free up some of this Wireless Service that I need!

lowcel

Reaction score
I buy a phone to work with wireless service, not Customer Service. And when your not having problems, you are not even talking to Customer service. And when you have Verizon, you have no problems. So who needs Customer Service? Except when your getting your new phone a year from now!

So go back to AT&T and their GREAT (so called) Customer Service, so you can free up some of this Wireless Service that I need!

Did you take the time to read the thread? Most of the people on here have experienced service interuptions three times in the past month. How can you say "when you have Verizon, you have no problems"?

Also, did you read my previous post? Here it is, once again explain to me how I have had no problems.

Here is a summary of my experience with Verizon so far.

Verizon Store (non-company) 30 minutes - prices were much higher than Verizon
Verizon Store (company) 40 minutes - no service from employees
Best Buy - 5 1/2 hours trying to get new phones and service activated
Verizon phone call - 1 1/2 hours getting my droid activated
Best Buy - 1 1/2 hours getting data transfered from iphone to droid
Verizon phone call -2 hours trying to get wife's Samsung u370 activated (still not complete)
Best Buy - 3 hours attempting to get wife's phone activated, no success
Best Buy - 30 minutes picking up activated phone
Verizon - 1 hour trying to get phone to text photo's - unsuccessful

In the past month there have been three network outages (including this one).

All of my bills have been 2 - 3 times more than they are supposed to be. Have to contact a manager every month and have them fixed after the regular reps won't do anything for me. I still have not received a correct bill.