Verizon Moving to 4G!!!!!

Xemnova

Reaction score
Ok so I was looking through the Verizon bill envelope that my parents get and it has normal little flier things trying to get you interested in buying certain stuff. THEN I come across a letter thing. On the top it talks about technology and stuff and in that paragraph it confirms that this year Verizon will be moving to 4G and strengthening of signals in certain areas. If people want I can dig the flier out of the trash to scan and post picture(s). I was going to post this originally in the Droid News part, but I don't have access to post a New Thread in that area yet, for some reason.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
any time frame? I've been reading up on lte but they have no actual release time ty for the post

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Xemnova

Xemnova

Reaction score
Naw there wasn't a time frame unfortunately. All it said was this year. What is LTE exactly? it mentioned that to. I'm not sure what that stands for.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
4g should be rolling out towards major cities this fall.

LTE is basically the official name of the network type on Verizon. I think it stands for Long Term Evolution.

OP
Xemnova

Xemnova

Reaction score
Ah ok. I'll remember that. Can't wait for 4G then!

gspmmafan

Reaction score
Will 4g only work on certain phones? How about a moto droid 1?

OP
Xemnova

Xemnova

Reaction score
Wait... The Droid can't become 4g compatible? Dang, I needa get more up to date on stuff like that hahaha xD I was under the impression that they could become 4g compatible.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea...I'm saving my upgrade for an LTE phone next year. That will also be my official move to 1 year contracts...

harrellj

Reaction score
Wait... The Droid can't become 4g compatible? Dang, I needa get more up to date on stuff like that hahaha xD I was under the impression that they could become 4g compatible.

Unfortunately, to become 4G compatible, actual hardware would need to be added. However, as popular as Android is, there's sure to be a good Android phone out that is 4G compatible on every network shortly (Epic and Evo included).