verizon/motorola how long do I have?

dhwes

Reaction score
I know that when you return a device to VZW they go through it with a fine tooth comb. I've had them charge for dental and sings that had nothing with the device screwing up

iwearhats

Reaction score
I goofed up once and had to return a D1. Didn't have to I guess, but did. Anyway, it was rooted and all that mess. I thought there might be a surprise on my bill, but 10 months later...still nothing.

But since then, multiple SBFs have been released and I now have no reason to ever walk back into VZW for "bricking" my phone.

So you might and you might not. I'm guessing not.

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
I didn't even put a rom on and the sd card was defective it only worked for a few min after dis thn remount

So am I deff gunna get charged

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

How did you manage to root it if it was defective out of the box?

Part of the responsibility of rooting is realizing if you brick it you must then eat it. That's why these mods tell people to be sure before you root.

~ DroidForums.net App ~

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
Also will. They still be able to find out even if I formated system and sd?

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

lloyd2398

Reaction score
Dont worry about getting charged for the phone that is rooted, I have a friend that is high up in verizon and first of all the phones dont go to verizon they get shipped back to motorola, second is that every phone that gets returned is automaticaly replaced with new parts they dont care if rooted or not. I was told that the stores even will warentee a rooted phone but it just depends on who works on your order. Besides look at all these forums about people worring that they shipped their phone back rooted andnone of them had got charged a single penny. Dont stress all will be fine.

imtheconvict

Reaction score
just freakin sbf back b4 you send it back or even dont send it back just fix it.. before you get to the m logo hold power and up on the keyboard it will throw u into the bootloader then hook up to pc and sbf simple

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
I diddnt send it I hand delivered it too bigred without sbf

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

mjones1052

Reaction score
The moral of this thread story is that if you don't know what the hell your doing, maybe you shouldn't do it with a $600 piece of equipment. Read and find out all that is involved and all the consequences. May sound mean, but I hope you do get charged. I have seen a few of your threads asking for help and they all are from you not reading it seems or not full understanding what your getting in to.

We have SBF's for every droid out there, especcially D1, D2, and DX and have had them for some time, there is no reason whatsoever to return a phone unless the bootloader was trashed and yours wasn't apparently, had you read you would know that. The Verizon rep always turns on the phone, no way possible you bought it screwed up, and I'm sure it was tested even if you had it delivered.

Read read read, lets not all be a**holes.

Sorry, had to be said

ultima

Reaction score
The moral of this thread story is that if you don't know what the hell your doing, maybe you shouldn't do it with a $600 piece of equipment. Read and find out all that is involved and all the consequences. May sound mean, but I hope you do get charged. I have seen a few of your threads asking for help and they all are from you not reading it seems or not full understanding what your getting in to.

We have SBF's for every droid out there, especcially D1, D2, and DX and have had them for some time, there is no reason whatsoever to return a phone unless the bootloader was trashed and yours wasn't apparently, had you read you would know that. The Verizon rep always turns on the phone, no way possible you bought it screwed up, and I'm sure it was tested even if you had it delivered.

Sorry, had to be said

+10000000000000000000000

when i 1st got a droid back in jan, i started hearing about root (and the potential to brick) and i stayed away bc i didnt want to mess up an expensive phone then have to buy another

i didnt root until july. im glad i did, sad i waited so long, but once i started really READING about root i found out what i was doing. b4 i rooted i found out all the risks, ways to fix screw ups, and generally making sure i knew what i was doing so i wouldnt have to buy a new phone

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sorry, had to be said

+10000000000000000000000

when i 1st got a droid back in jan, i started hearing about root (and the potential to brick) and i stayed away bc i didnt want to mess up an expensive phone then have to buy another

i didnt root until july. im glad i did, sad i waited so long, but once i started really READING about root i found out what i was doing. b4 i rooted i found out all the risks, ways to fix screw ups, and generally making sure i knew what i was doing so i wouldnt have to buy a new phone

^^^^ That's exactly what I did. I didn't wait that long, about a month maybe. But I read everything. Every thread about how to do it, how to fix it if I did something wrong, I read all the "HELP!!" threads and saw what other people did wrong, I read the threads on other sites, my brain was pretty much on overload before I actually did it. I read the instructions several times, then I did the deal. Then when it came time for the latest 2.3.20 OTA update, I read more about how to re-root after the update, had to fix a couple of .APK's before I updated, but the second time around root was easy. I didn't want to brick this sweet phone either, so I made damn sure of what I was doing before I did it. ;)

I also asked questions BEFORE I made the leap, instead of yelling "HELP!!" afterwards.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I was a technician, you wouldn't imagine how many times I'd heard "It was screwed up when I bought it," but they only decided to ask for help after they damaged the phone. Then, they expected not to be charged because "It was doing it before."