verizon/motorola how long do I have?

swagmonster

Reaction score
How long would it take vzw/ motorola to see that you rooted ur phone and returned it also how long would it take them to charge you for the replacment?

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You probably will not like my answer - It seems a lot of people have been sending their devices in because of hacking and rooting "user error" and expecting VZW to replace it at no cost under Warranty - I read your prior post in another thread and believe your problem as you stated it "Stuck at the (M)" to be a result of rooting and not a warranty issue - all this does is bring up the overall cost of everything for everyone involved, myself included :icon_evil:

- IMO if you are not 100% about what you are getting yourself into and are not prepared to deal with the consequences, then you shouldn't do it.

...and if they charge you full price for the replacement you have no one to blame but yourself

As far as the question you proposed - I would say 60-90 days

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
My phone was defective from the moment I bought it do they usually find out it was rooted

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You probably will not like my answer - It seems a lot of people have been sending their devices in because of hacking and rooting "user error" and expecting VZW to replace it at no cost under Warranty - I read your prior post in another thread and believe your problem as you stated it "Stuck at the (M)" to be a result of rooting and not a warranty issue - all this does is bring up the overall cost of everything for everyone involved, myself included :icon_evil:

- IMO if you are not 100% about what you are getting yourself into and are not prepared to deal with the consequences, then you shouldn't do it.

...and if they charge you full price for the replacement you have no one to blame but yourself

As far as the question you proposed - I would say 60-90 days

yes yes YES!! what he said!

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
What do u mean it brings up the overall cost including everyone?

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

Erebus671

Reaction score
When someone tries to cheat the companies in the manner you have suggested, the company gets back at the hackers, or in our case as droid users, rooters, by jacking up the price of the units and the services. DONT EVER RETURN A ROOTED PHONE TO THE FACTORY!!! Unless you know how to unroot and you do so beforehand, however if you brick your phone, you might as well just pay the replacement because there is NOTHING anyone can do about that.

Sent from my Milestone using DroidForums App

Erebus671

Reaction score
I hope that answers your question about overall cost going up.

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
I diddnt try to cheat the system they sold me a ****ed up phone to begin with
Edit* I'm sorry I already returned it and potentionly screwed you guys as well but are they deffienetly going to find it dnt forget it wouldn't boot past m screen

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

Erebus671

Reaction score
Whether you've done it personally or not, I am warning you now not to try it. I apologize if that post insinuated that you were the culprit, but I react like that because some of my friends are the dip****s that would do that in the first place. It pisses me off just hearing about that sort of thing. Once again, my apologies.

Erebus671

Reaction score
Just one will not affect the prices too much, but they know we're doing this because of all these forums on the web, so if too many get sent back after being rooted, **** will fly.

OP
swagmonster

swagmonster

Reaction score
So am I deff gunna get charged

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

texasPI

Reaction score
I hope you do get charged. We all have to pay the stupid tax at some point in our lives and I believe it is your turn.

Cheers!

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
So am I deff gunna get charged

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

Droid 2
Squidlies Rom
ADW faded theme
oc-1.39

How did you manage to root it if it was defective out of the box?

Part of the responsibility of rooting is realizing if you brick it you must then eat it. That's why these mods tell people to be sure before you root.

~ DroidForums.net App ~