Verizon Motorola Droid no longer connects to Motorola H17 headset

altoflyer

Reaction score
I have the Verizon Motorola Droid. I have not rooted it. I purchased the Motorol H17 headset in Dec 2010 and loved it at first. Starting on Sunday, the headset intermittently won't connect to the phone. On the phone, under settings, wireless and networks, bluetooth seetings, the motorola H17 status is "Paired but not connected."

I turn on the H17. It says it's on. Then it tells me that it's in pairing mode. Huh. Okay, I select the H17 on my phone and it tries to connect. More often than not I get a message saying it is unable to communicate with the H17.

Do you have any resolutions for this?

Thanks,
Amy Smith

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried unpairing the device from the phone, and then re-pairing it? Go to BT settings, long press on the H17, and select 'unpair'.

Then try and pair it again like you did when you first bought it.

OP
A

altoflyer

Reaction score
Yes, i've tried that. But it still drops off again a short time later. I can't be constantly unpairing and re-pairing it. It worked really well for about 5 weeks without dropping off. now it drops several times a day. Something is causing that and I'd like to fix it.

Thanks,
Amy Smith

OP
A

altoflyer

Reaction score
I'd really like to just be able to fix it. When it drops off, I need to actually do a hard re-boot of the phone (i.e., take the battery out, then put it back in). The soft re-boot doesn't do the trick. Not really what you should be doing in the car, which is where I'm using the headset.

I see other people who had a similar issue with the bluetooth in their car (I had that issue too.) The basic error message i get is that the phone is unable to communicate with the bluetooth device. Huh.

Really wish there were a way to fix it.