Verizon: Most Reliable Network?

deborah3756

Reaction score
The most reliable network hasn't been acting very reliable.

Couldn't access the net for over an hour, thought it was my phone. Tried calling tech support and they weren't reliable either since they were closed.

Anyone else have this problem in the wee hours of the morning? Sleep isn't a luxury for me so, I rely on Verizon to keep me entertained. (Starting to hate the word R E L I A B L E)

Just wondering...

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Verizon is in the midst of tweaking and adding new 4G LTE sites. We are bound to experience some outages while this is going on. I would not worry about it, in the end, it's only going to provide an even more reliable and stable service for us all.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
They do routine updates in the middle of the night/early morning. Us zombies have to deal with it. Also with 4G rolling out country wide, it will effect many users,good and bad.

OP
deborah3756

deborah3756

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Right after I posted the question 3G went back up and I received the new update too.

Sleep, sleep what is that!

georgepetro

Reaction score
Reliable

I've had good luck with there service, but not sure about there phones. There phones are really cool when they work the right way. I've had problems with all of my Verizon phones. I'm on my second Droid X2 and still having some problems. I just deal with it because I think there network and customer service are the best. It's a Love hate relationship I guess. I had At+t for five years. Verizon's customer service and network is 100 times better.

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Phone issues are manufacturer problems. VZW has no control over product manufacturing.

georgepetro

Reaction score
Manufacturer

Phone issues are the Manufacturer, but the carrier decides what makes and models to carry. You would think they would want a reliable phone for their reliable network. :droideris:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are essentially 3 manufacturers for all carriers: Motorola, HTC, Samsung. Not much to choose from.

georgepetro

Reaction score
There are essentially 3 manufacturers for all carriers: Motorola, HTC, Samsung. Not much to choose from.
There's LG too if you want to count them, but maybe they don't count since I know the two LG phones that I've had with VZW were really bad. I know they make good industrial A/C units though.
Sure it isn't very many, but I don't think they have to carry a phone they make if it isn't quality, while still keeping the manufacturer.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya but we essentially get the same phone on all networks just different names and minor changes. Hardware is pretty much the same. The atrix and bionic are similar, the d2, d3, and x have the same basic hardware. Those are just a few off the top of my head. The manufacturing process is the same across the line. I'm sure they don't just make phones for one carrier in one factory, another factory for another carrier, etc. All phones, no matter the carrier are probably made in the same factory.

georgepetro

Reaction score
The Samsung Galaxy phones are pretty sweet. Don't really see anything similar for Verizon yet. I do know Samsung is making a new 4g Smartphone for Verizon that's suppose to be out pretty soon.:motdroidvert:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Nexus? That's a Sammy and 4G. I'm sure they'll also have a 4G version of an updated Fascinate. Sammy makes good stuff just too much plastic.

georgepetro

Reaction score
I don't really know very much about the Nexus. It sounds pretty nice though. My wife has had a Fascinate for a year, or so. It's been a pretty solid phone. I think Samsung did a pretty good job with it. I probably would have got one, but I'm not really sold on Bing yet.

densetsu86

Reaction score

There's Sony, LG, and apple as well. And one dell. But in my area Verizon is pretty bad. 1 to 2 bars are the norm and 1x for data 80% of the time. Where I used to live there was hardly any issues and now I have to put up with it. 6 cell towers in a 6 mule radius and 2 in under a mile and a half. I know this cause I called them and they did a search of towers. And for the nest service you want to be under 2 miles from a cell tower.

It comes down to it that some areas just plain suck and there is nothing you can do about it. I should be getting great service but not every area is the same with natural interferance.