Verizon may be adding a family PDA plan

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Was talking to one of the reps I know at the corporate store today. He was telling me they just had a corporate meeting and one of the big topics of discussion was adding a family PDA plan because of the increased popularity of smart phones. Corporate was asking feedback on what they thought would be good pricing for it. This is great news IMO. If they do it I will add at least one more smart phone on my plan. Would love to get my daughter an Eris. Or maybe give her the Droid and I'll get a DI. I'm already paying for the extra $10 data plan on her line so a few more bucks won't kill me.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with a Family PDA plan in the first place with VZW. Secondly, that possibly was a ploy to make you think that it's forthcoming so get your smart phones now and wait for the Family PDA plan.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
And what about those of us on a family plan that all already have a smartphone data plan? 2 droids and a bb storm.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And what about those of us on a family plan that all already have a smartphone data plan? 2 droids and a bb storm.

I'm checking into this with my VZW friends and nobody so far has heard a thing about this. And, they all confirm there was never a "Family PDA" plan with VZW.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I'm checking into this with my VZW friends and nobody so far has heard a thing about this. And, they all confirm there was never a "Family PDA" plan with VZW.

Well there was some sort of family smart phone data plan in the past. I have seen it discussed on here.

No it wasn't a ploy. I know the guy and he knows I woudln't buy anything unless it was etched in stone.

And don't shoot the messenger. Just giving a little info from a conversation I had.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well there was some sort of family smart phone data plan in the past. I have seen it discussed on here.

No it wasn't a ploy. I know the guy and he knows I woudln't buy anything unless it was etched in stone.

And don't shoot the messenger. Just giving a little info from a conversation I had.
Of course I'm not shooting the messenger. I can tell you as a former VZW employee there was never a PDA Family plan with VZW. Since I have 3 of my 5 lines with PDA's, I'd love for this to be true too.

vatothe0

Reaction score

There was a family plan for "multimedia" type phones but never PDA phones.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok I guess I was wrong about the past plan. Thought I read that they had a past family data plan for smart phones. So I guess they are considering adding a family PDA plan then.

Could a mod change the title of the thread to "Verizon my be adding a family PDA plan"

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I guess I was wrong about the past plan. Thought I read that they had a past family data plan for smart phones. So I guess they are considering adding a family PDA plan then.

Could a mod change the title of the thread to "Verizon my be adding a family PDA plan"
I just changed it.

iPirate

Reaction score
family texting family minutes, family data would be great

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

I just changed it.

Thank you and sorry about the confusion.

kerzie

Reaction score

You might be thinking of the old Alltel SmartPacks from before Verizon bought Alltel and migrated alltel users to the vzw systems.

jimnutt

Reaction score
I would love to have a family plan for data, in fact I mentioned it to the rep last time I was in the store (maybe I'm not the only one who has?). Given that I'm about to add a 3rd smartphone to my plan (another Droid, of course), it would make a lot of sense for me.