Verizon Makes it Official: The Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD Oct. 18th

meaker

Reaction score
I like this phone but would be worried about the camera. Moto has never been that great in their cameras. The note looks awesome but I don't want a 5.5 inch screen. That's way to big in my opinion..

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Also watch out...if you buy at Costco or Amazon along with the ETF from Verizon, there's ANOTHER ETF from Costco or Amazon for the "data plan" portion of the contract.

Not with Costco, as you are only signing with Verizon.
As a Costco wireless salesperson, I can tell you that both versions will almost certainly be close to the same price they would be at corporate, upon initial launch (if we even get them, that is). We didn't get the Maxx until around late March or April and it remained at the $299 price on home delivery until just about 2 months ago when it was the coupon item for the month, when they then lowered the "original retail" to $199 and added the coupon. The Razr original price is now down to $99 and is on sale for $39.99, while the Maxx is $129.99 in store. The upside to the Motorola phones at Costco is that you are typically going to get an M branded accessory or two that you have to mail in for, which can make the price difference worthwhile. The Maxx is currently still coming with the HD Dock, and the M now has the navigation car dock and portable charger (the same with the Atrix HD).

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Only way I would be able to get one is to pay full retail. Don't think it would be worth full price to switch from a Maxx to a Maxx HD. Unless some miracle happens I will be using the Maxx for a while. Prolly just wait and see what Moto has to offer next year.

tc1

Reaction score
Only way I would be able to get one is to pay full retail. Don't think it would be worth full price to switch from a Maxx to a Maxx HD. Unless some miracle happens I will be using the Maxx for a while. Prolly just wait and see what Moto has to offer next year.

Same here and full retail price for the droid razr maxx hd is $750.00 + tax.

I guess no more new phones for me then because I'm not spending close to a grand for a phone.

drew96dawg

Reaction score

I guess no more new phones for me then because I'm not spending close to a grand for a phone.

Get that lg nexus 4 the only downside is 8gigs of storage and no sd. It's supposed to cost 400

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

geoff5093

Reaction score

I never really thought about it like that, but you're right, it's crazy spending almost $1,000 for a cell phone plus the monthly fee.

I'm still on the $59.99 talk, text, data promo so I've figured that the additional $500 for 20 months works out to $25 per month. If I wanted to get a subsidized phone I'd have to get off that plan and go with tiered data, so the cost is roughly the same to stay on my unlimited plan.

beefchopper

Reaction score

I think anyone paying full retail is making a HUGE leap of faith the Verzion will continue to let those on unlimited plans keep them when their current contracts run out whether they get a new phone or not. Is this the same Verizon which has consistently implemented everything they can think of to squeeze more revenues out of customers?

Personally, I think that's a lousy bet to make. I think they haven't done it already because they want to get as many customers as possible to switch and get locked into the new plans using the iPhone 5 and other great new phones as a lure first, but once they have gotten most to switch...

soulpatch

Reaction score
I think anyone paying full retail is making a HUGE leap of faith the Verzion will continue to let those on unlimited plans keep them when their current contracts run out whether they get a new phone or not. Is this the same Verizon which has consistently implemented everything they can think of to squeeze more revenues out of customers?

Personally, I think that's a lousy bet to make. I think they haven't done it already because they want to get as many customers as possible to switch and get locked into the new plans using the iPhone 5 and other great new phones as a lure first, but once they have gotten most to switch...

I disagree. The hanging fruit will be picked and in doing so will either normalize data usage or force those users who suck down data to pay for it. The left over people will be a small population and VZW is not "losing" money on them. The opportunity cost of taking away unlimited and having those people switch carriers is too great to rock the cradle. You do what you can as a carrier to get them to switch on their own but driving them to another carrier is a double cost and normally much greater then the small amount you could get by switching that acount to a tiered account.

I would be one of the accounts that VZW deems as a heavy user (6+GB a month) as I use hotspot (paid for it) for work quit a bit. I will be going to 8GB a month and getting a subsidized phone. Sure I could spend an additional 3-500 for the phone and some equate that to a moderate fee a month but that is 3-500 of my money out of my pocket that I will not be able to use for other toys, get interest on, ect ect.

Back on topic this phone better be epic. I was all in on this when initially reported but then the note 2 was announced. As one who is on a train for over 2 hours a day in commute the note 2 is looking more and more like the route to take. I have been with moto since droid 1 though and trust the batteries and recievers. Hard decision to be made...

geoff5093

Reaction score
I currently pay $59.99 for 450 minutes, unlimited texting, and unlimited data. If I were to purchase the Galaxy S III at full price, that's an additional $400 out of my pocket up front, however I would then have to switch to either tiered data, or the share everything plan.

Stick with current plan and upgrade at full price: $400/20 = $20/mo. $59.99 + $20 = $79.99 effectively.
Go with tiered data: $90
Share everything plan: $70 + $40 = $110