Verizon LTE Over 2X faster than closest compeditor

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

PC Mag recently did a little research to find who truly has the fastest data connection in the nation, and it seems Verizon gets bragging rights for this one. The publication ran countless speed test in 21 cities saying “But you shouldn’t believe the hype: All “4G” is not the same. In a 21-city test across the United States, we found that Verizon’s new 4G LTE network is much faster than other mobile Web options, with speeds that often exceed home Internet connections.”

The speed Verizon’s LTE network produced manhandled the other entire network by comparison. The closest competitor Verizon had was T-Mobile with their “4G” network, but the speed T-mobile produced in their max test results were well below half that of Verizon’s LTE network. Verizon knows speed, and this result is certainly proof that they aren’t just lying to themselves when they say they’re the most advanced network.

Via: IntoMobile

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Nice! I don't have a 4G phone, but good for VZ!
Now they need to get more 4G phones on sale, with dual processors and the latest other specs.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
At lest all of our money seams to go to something.

Right. Upgrading the entire network to this technology isn't free. If we want it then we have to pay for it. Verizon is not a charity, it is a business. Now if they just get LTE where I live next year. I'm eligible for a NE2 phone in a month. I don't know if I should wait for a 4G one or just get a D3 or X2.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vzw has the fastest 4g but the worst phones out of all the carriers. I so wish Sprint was better in my area, they really care about their relationship with andriod.

Sent from my fascinate

coreymm324

Reaction score
where in God's name were they when they reached a 4G speed of 37.66Mbps? i wanna move there lol

RemyL75

Reaction score
where in God's name were they when they reached a 4G speed of 37.66Mbps? i wanna move there lol

I wish they were near me lol

Closest I get to that is 25Mpbs down, but that's faster than my home connection so no complaints heredancedroid

coreymm324

Reaction score
haha i dont even get 4G in my city til early-mid 2012..thats some horse**it!!!!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
At lest all of our money seams to go to something.

Right. Upgrading the entire network to this technology isn't free. If we want it then we have to pay for it. Verizon is not a charity, it is a business. Now if they just get LTE where I live next year. I'm eligible for a NE2 phone in a month. I don't know if I should wait for a 4G one or just get a D3 or X2.

I'd probably wait. Quad core phones are supposed to be here by year's end. They are supposed to be super battery efficient.

Vzw has the fastest 4g but the worst phones out of all the carriers. I so wish Sprint was better in my area, they really care about their relationship with andriod.

Sent from my fascinate

Pretty sure that is total opinion.

djsiva

Reaction score

I usually pull anywhere from 5-13 down, but there is one area in town that I consistently pull 33+ down. This is while tethered, not just using the speed test from the phone.

coreymm324

Reaction score
i found it online somewhere, dont remember where but that time frame has been stuck in my head ever since. everywhere around me has 4G (Ithaca, Cornell, Rochester, NYC) EXCEPT Binghamton, and im really kind of annoyed about it. we have like 3 colleges here, and its the crossroads on all of those cities...and were not getting it for another year. thats ass-backwards if you ask me.