Verizon loses customers for first time ever!

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
For the first time since getting a cell phone I am seriously considering leaving Verizon. Yeah I felt screwed by their attitude with my old UDP. But I kept it even though I paid full price for my phone (something we pretty much do now anyway). Almost everyone I know in my area has Verizon as ATT was spotty and the others virtually non-existent. Reason for my likely switch to ATT? I pretty much felt treated like crap yesterday when I dropped into a Verizon store to see and hold a S8+. Asked what kind of deal I could make to exchange my S7 edge that I was basically forced to take when I had to turn in my beloved Note 7. Vague statements about how I could trade it in for something I wanted were made. Yesterday I was told point blank that I would have to come up with $535 to pay it off and then trade it for the S8+ on their pay for it monthly plan. Our way or the highway.

Went to ATT to see what they would do. Pay off my S7, let me pay the S8+ monthly for $10 less/mo than Verizon, and give me some great perks because I also have DirecTV. Had to sleep on it as the phone in hand is worth 2 in bush. Only ATT friend drops calls to me all the time and never have dropped one with Verizon.

Before I get toasted on the Note 7 thing I know that was not Verizon's fault in any way (could have handled it better early in my view). Just mad at them now but want to have ducks in a row before I do something that turns out to be stupid.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
BTW for you who picked up their S8 or 8+ - were the earphones included and the charging adapters? I've not heard yet.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
zinethar, I would call Verizon to see if they can come up with a decent deal for the trade. They may be more willing to accommodate you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I dumped Big Red for Big Magenta, and i couldn't be happier.:p

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I would love to but unfortunately where I live to do so would result in me talking to myself even more than I do now :D. No service in my area.

My area had very poor Tmo service, but they recently built a cell tower about two and a half miles from my home. I'd say that my service now is as good as Verizon or AT&T, but i pay a lot less per month. The real benefit is indoors. Tmo's signal was non existent in my cement house, but with the "cell spot" booster, that they give you for free, the signal is 4-5 bars. Add to that the ability to use wifi calling, and i figure it as a win-win.:p

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I left when they charged me extra to keep my unlimited plans. I switched to T-Mobile and it turned out that T-Mobile added a whole lot of towers about 30 days before I switched. So now in my area I actually have much better service. That said, I would have stayed as I didn't care about full price phones but now I'll never go back again...

Beardface

Reaction score
Dropped Verizon about 6 months ago for Project Fi and its going to take a heck of a lot to get me to go back. Yes, I paid the price of my Pixel XL up front but the monthly bill is so cheap it makes it completely worth it in the long run. Since I joined, I have averaged about a $35 per month payment, which includes a couple weeks in Europe. Nobody else really comes close to that.

shockracer

Reaction score
The past 6 months have been horrible with VZW. They have been rotating their LTE antennas to try and compensate for demand on the network. We are having to deal with network coverage reduction that is now giving us 1 to 2 bars of 1X when use to get 3 to bars of 4G. Everytime I call they denied network reduction and say it's always been like that, guess I'm lying, I've only lived in this house since 09... not surprised they are losing customers.

Last edited:

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Verizon wants to get more cx back or make current ones happier then why not give Corp Discounts on Unlimited Plan like the other Plans. Not to Mention Stop Getting patty with the BS extra Charges. Slowly I may Drop my Lines as i pay off my Devices and end up somewhere else.