Verizon leather belt case

mferruccio

Reaction score
When I place my X in the case facing in with the slider lock on, the lock turns off and I can find apps running when I withdraw the phone. When I place it facing out, it does not. When I had my BB and placed it facing in, it placed the BB in suspend mode. The BB case has a magnet in it to cause the device to go into suspension. Is there a magnet in the Verizon case? Is there only one way to place the phone in the case? I guess I missed something here.

phoenix927

Reaction score
The way the Droid X knows to switch to dock mode is a magnet that is in the car and home dock so if your X is facing the wrong way in the case the magnets that hold the case closed will switch your X into Dock mode.

Make sure the screen is facing out and you should be good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Unbalanced

Reaction score
Facing out doesn't always work, either.

Numerous times I've whipped it out only to find the screen unlocked and lit, just churning away at my battery.

I just installed Dock Nothingness. We'll see how that goes...

Just my 2¢

liferefugee

Reaction score
I am using the case, with a silicone case on my phone I have no issues with the leather case... May want to try that out.

Reaction score
I have been using the Verizon leather case with my X and have not had any problems with it. I always put my X facing towards the belt clip.

liferefugee

Reaction score
I put it both ways.. Typically with the battery facing the magnet.

lordammon

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X last Saturday. Got the leather holster by verizon and had the same issues. It is the magnet that holds the flap closed, if you have it facing and the back of the phone is by the magnets it makes the phone think its in the car dock. Just face the phone out and you shouldn't have this problem.

erict

Reaction score
I am using the case, with a silicone case on my phone I have no issues with the leather case... May want to try that out.

I use both the silicone case and leather case as well with no issues and my screen faces inward. It was a tight fit to use both of them together in the beginning but is much better as the leather case breaks in. I just like the more positive feel with the silicone case when holding in my hand.

scf

Reaction score
Same here. Face it in, and it activates. Face it out, and it's fine. Just a matter of making it habit.

garath

Reaction score
I have the leather case and it doesn't activate no matter how I put it in.