Verizon launches new Countdown for the Thunderbolt Commercial

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is that commercial not real effective?

Grabs your attention, but if I didn't know about LTE or the Thunderbolt that just leaves me wondering "what the heck".

And have there been any TB adds on tv? Granted, I usually fast forward the DVR thru commercials but I haven't seen any.

Jas O

Reaction score
Is it just me or is that commercial not real effective?

Grabs your attention, but if I didn't know about LTE or the Thunderbolt that just leaves me wondering "what the heck".

And have there been any TB adds on tv? Granted, I usually fast forward the DVR thru commercials but I haven't seen any.

+1. Unless your are on one of the forums or watched CES coverage (then you would be on one of the forums) you would have no idea what this phone is. I haven't seen anything about this phone in "real world coverage".

maybe that ad was directed specifcally to "us"

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Ok, so light travels at 3x10^6 m/s...according to the theory of special relativity, in the lightnings reference frame only 1 second had passed...the length of the thunderbolt is contacted...so we should expect the device 3,695 years ago...err...crap

:)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
+1. Unless your are on one of the forums or watched CES coverage (then you would be on one of the forums) you would have no idea what this phone is. I haven't seen anything about this phone in "real world coverage".

maybe that ad was directed specifcally to "us"

I think maybe I got 1 TB email from VZW. Maybe they are going to focus on upgrading existing customers to LTE - something they have to do to free-up some capacity. But I don't understand why'd they discriminate because that speed could be the difference for a lot of dumb phones owners sitting on the fence.

I'm in an LTE market, and I've seen the LTE commercials on tv but nothing as far as phones.